Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On two separate occasions when applying my brakes both front and rear I have experienced a scary clattering noise. The first time it happened I had speed up just a bit to get through a yellow then about the time I realized I should try for the stop I also saw a cop setting 2nd in line at the light. I went to make the stop and heard a loud clatter, looked down at the bike like what the hell was that, then was scarred into getting off my brakes and cutting the back half of the light. The cop stood his ground. Then today I went to make a fairly routine but none the less rather hard stop and the same happened except this time I had to stay in the brakes b/c a car was infornt of me. Any ideas what this could be. I first thought is was just the key to my kryptonite lock or my house key both resting on top of my triple tree started clapping around as I went to stop but that isn't it. I practiced emergency stops in a parking lot about a month ago (which was smack in between both clatter incidents) and heard nothing at all. The parking lot was perfectly smooth whereas the road likely wasn't Thanks

·
BANNED!!!
4,805 Posts
par·a·graph Audio pronunciation of "paragraphs" ( P ) Pronunciation Key (pr-grf)
n.

1. A distinct division of written or printed matter that begins on a new, usually indented line, consists of one or more sentences, and typically deals with a single thought or topic or quotes one speaker's continuous words.

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Fuck off papa G I had like 2 mins. to type that thread a$$hole. Could you be any more anal. Go teach a English class or something you nerdass

·
BANNED!!!
4,805 Posts
Oh, sorry, I didn't realize pointing out that your grammar makes your post difficult to read is a soft spot of yours. I'll try to be more sensitive to your feelings next time.

·
BANNED!!!
4,805 Posts
Since you asked:
---------------
Dictionary - Thesaurus - Encyclopedia - Web

Top Web Results for "nerdass"

No entry found for nerdass.

-----------------

I thought this was SVrider.com not let'smakeupwords.com

·
Registered
836 Posts
Kevin said:
f**k off papa G I had like 2 mins. to type that thread a$$hole. Could you be any more anal. Go teach a English class or something you nerdass
Look, if you're going to come here and post unintelligible jibberish that people can't understand...expect to be corrected.

If you only had two minutes to write your post, you should simply wait and type the thread later when you have more time. If not, then just get used to people commenting on your elementary grasp of grammar.

To post on topic: the only time I've experience a similar clattering is when my horn rattled loose and was clattering against front fender. If your rear tire's hopping hard enough and frequently enough against the ground to cause a "clattering" noise I suggest you revise your braking technique.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Damn, people, cut Kevin some slack. We're not English PhD's here. Ok, so he made a couple grammer errors. Help him out with his question and quit your bitchin! And Kevin, I don't have a clue what caused the noise.

·
Eagle one
1,660 Posts
The only thing I can think of depending on exactly when the noise occurred, is our engines will clatter at very low rpms........

Do you downshift as you brake, or at least pull in the clutch as the bike gets down to a very low rpm(such as below 1500rpms).... if not, then maybe its just the engine at an extremely low rpm..... just a thought.

and PaPa-G........ ease up dude. I see your point, but I am thinking there are a couple of nicer and less sarcastic ways to have made your point.

·
Premium Member
4,625 Posts
Oh yeah the tranny makes a ratchet noise if the clutch is engaged and the rear wheel is either spinning too slow for the speed of the motor/gear or its locked up. Perhaps you are using too much rear brake.

·
BANNED!!!
4,805 Posts
67GTONUT said:
and PaPa-G........ ease up dude. I see your point, but I am thinking there are a couple of nicer and less sarcastic ways to have made your point.
Not to be a d!ck, but I see you're point.  A good 90% of the people who post here have pretty decent grammar when it comes to typing.  Who cares? We do, one of things thats awesome about this place is the fact that I can browse through threads without having a headache because people -tipe leik tis aiiite n dey tink dey r kewl- or jumble a gigantic story in to one big mesh of a paragraph. 

Call me spoiled or whatever, I don't care.  If it wasn't me that pointed it out someone else would have.

Sarcasm is the easiest way to get the point across, sorry if it came off as "crude" but it was meant to be funny and informative at the same time.  Alot of us like the neat easily readable SVR I'm just doing my part to keep it that way.   ;D

·
Registered
836 Posts
 If I was to guess I'd say you're simply lugging the bike in too high of a gear as you're stopping.

GTO, Papa's means were offensive, but his message is good- the words we type are the only means by which  another poster can understand what we're trying to convey over the vast expanse of time and space.....blah blah blah.  This is not like a squid board with juvenile posts and kindergarten grammar; rather, most of us here make an effort at SVR to be clear, informative, and entertaining in our posts.  If a post is hardly unterstandable, I venture to say that it is neither clear, informative, and certainly not entertaining(though the sarcastic grammar nazi's make for a laugh everyonce in a while).

All I'm saying is...perhaps you forgot to mention to Kevin to ease up as well for overreacting, and encouraging him to be more intelligible in his posts to avoid this recurring.

:)

·
Registered
43 Posts
evilbologna said:
Maybe you've got Anti-lock brakes?
LoL, that gave me a chuckle...

Michael

On a side note, I understood his post very well. Maybe it's just the younger generation thing... I dunno.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Kevin said:
On two separate occasions when applying my brakes both front and rear I have experienced a scary clattering noise. The first time it happened I had speed up just a bit to get through a yellow then about the time I realized I should try for the stop I also saw a cop setting 2nd in line at the light. I went to make the stop and heard a loud clatter, looked down at the bike like what the hell was that, then was scarred into getting off my brakes and cutting the back half of the light. The cop stood his ground. Then today I went to make a fairly routine but none the less rather hard stop and the same happened except this time I had to stay in the brakes b/c a car was infornt of me. Any ideas what this could be. I first thought is was just the key to my kryptonite lock or my house key both resting on top of my triple tree started clapping around as I went to stop but that isn't it. I practiced emergency stops in a parking lot about a month ago (which was smack in between both clatter incidents) and heard nothing at all. The parking lot was perfectly smooth whereas the road likely wasn't  Thanks
I understood the message/question just fine. I don't have an answer :-[ but I understood the question. :-\ Sorry it had to be such a PIA to get some answers.

Next time there is a thread about people not posting enough and how the forum isn't as "fun" as it used to be feel free to point everyone back to this thread as a possible reason. ::)

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
Kev and Papa, give each other a big hug :) I know Kevin and he's a nice guy. I can understand the frustration of trying to get help on a bike problem.

That last nerdass made me laugh.

+1 on the low speed high gear thing

Also, are you sure there's no junk in your trunk? Like a disklock rattling around or something.

(Kev, we should get together to ride again sometime, check the central region for a post)

1 - 20 of 60 Posts