Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im sure alot of people ask these question but...

What are good modification for the 03 + Sv650 that won't effect the preferments of the bike in a negative way??

Also what the best gear ratio for the street??

·
Premium Member
3,557 Posts
What do you mean by 'preferments'? I don't understand what you're asking.

Suspension and exhaust mods are easily the most popular mods.

As for gear - name-brand stuff that fits (Icon, Joe Rocket, Tecknic.....stuff like that) is fine. Hard to make a bad choice as long as it's not no-name stuff.

·
Registered
2,737 Posts
i think the first mod any one makes on a sv is to either cut off (like i did) or buy a fender eliminator so the tail lights can really be appreciated (note that if you just cut it off you'll need some plastic to fill the space where the rear fender used to go into the tail its about maybe a 1/4" and a license plate bracket but they are easy to make if you have the tools). after that i'd go with some nice flush mout or mini stalk blinkers its surprising how much a of a difference these make.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What I mean when I said "that won't effect the preferments" is.
for example posted under Stock or aftermarket air filter,where ibAdam posted.

http://forum.svrider.com/index.php?topic=45762.0

So basically Im ask what are some good modification that don't hurt the preferment of the bike.

I want a M4 full exhuast system

No, I mean gear ratio like 14 in front or 2 in front and 1 in back, That what I mean by gear ratio. What the best gear ratio for the street on a Sv650

·
Registered
52 Posts
wow.........i mean.....wow
I am speechless

Do you realize there is a spell check option in this new version of the forum?

·
Registered
9 Posts
See my sig... ;D

Nothing like taking a $6,000 motorcycle and making it a $9,000 motorcycle that's worth $3,500 :eek:

No, it's NOT for sale :p

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
dang guys, Im sorry I didn't spell check myself but give me a break.

Im just asking what to do once I get my Sv650s, I remember awhile ago someone posted they got there Sv650 up to 80 rwhp out of his bike. I am planing to put a M4 full exhuast system, then they put some kind of chip in for the exhuast but it wasn't a Power Commanders, then they put a Sv1000 snorkel, maybe a air-filter.

If anyone remember what that guy did to his bike please post it?

·
Registered
687 Posts
it brake down to what You want from your bike . there are soo many things out there and Everything is a trade off ... do you have the bike yet ? you said sv650 not sure if the s or not. but 14 up front is nice but you give up gas miles i lost about 20. you can have your stock ecu reprogrammed if you don't want to get a pcIII. if you are looking for big Hp from this bike you are looking at the wrong bike my friend.what you should do is ride the bike and figure out what you think needs fixing and then go from there , cheers

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
MountindewSV said:
dang guys, Im sorry I didn't spell check myself but give me a break.

Im just asking what to do once I get my Sv650s, I remember awhile ago someone posted they got there Sv650 up to 80 rwhp out of his bike. I am planing to put a M4 full exhuast system, then they put some kind  of chip in for the exhuast but it wasn't a Power Commanders, then they put a Sv1000 snorkel, maybe a air-filter.

If anyone remember what that guy did to his bike please post it?
but it's not like you just flipped to letters. preferment and performance aren't even close!!?!?!

but to answer your question on what to do when you get the sv? ride it. learn it and get comfortable. once you have gear that you're comfortable will save your skin if you go down, then you can start modding. do some searches on here with what you're looking to do, "slip-on", "snorkle", "full system", etc.

·
Registered
514 Posts
gerhard911 said:
See my sig... ;D

Nothing like taking a $6,000 motorcycle and making it a $9,000 motorcycle that's worth $3,500 :eek:

I think I out did you. ;)

Best upgrades are probally tires and suspension.

Then other things that help, and add to the looks of the bike, are pipe & PCIII, body work, lights, ect.

·
Registered
199 Posts
gerhard911 said:
See my sig... ;D

LMFAO, same here.
Seriously, suspension, tires, exhaust/airbox.

·
Registered
2,737 Posts
why does every one want to go screwing with the sprockets. if your ridding on the street the stock set up is fine.

·
Registered
231 Posts
MountindewSV said:
Im sure alot of people ask these question but...

What are good modification for the 03 +  Sv650 that won't effect the preferments of the bike in a negative way??

Also what the best gear ratio for the street??
Hi MountindewSV,
Welcome to the SVRIDER my friend. 8) The 1st thing I'd suggest to add would be frame and swingarm sliders. I'd just ride the bike and enjoy it until I had a few thousand miles. By that time I think you will agree Suzuki has built a very fine bike, just the way it was built.
Cheers!

·
Registered
687 Posts
B.a. said:
why does every one want to go screwing with the sprockets. if your ridding on the street the stock set up is fine.
diffrent riding styles people love to mod etc etc 8)

J

·
0 Posts
Mountaindew, I had 80hp on my sv. It has since been bumped up a bit more. I also have a re-valved GSXR shock and a USD GSXR front end (both from sv raceshop). If you have exact questions feel free to pm me. As for what mods you can do Since you want an M-4 exhaust (good choice) i would go with a full system (nice power and weight savings), Sv1k snorkel (i know some people like it and some don't but i use it), and a pc3 usb. That is where i would start for power gains (should get you up about mid 70's or so). Before working on power i would work on the suspension. The stock suspension is poor to say the best. No matter what i would swap out the fork oil for something thicker. Now depending on weight and what you want you can swap springs for firmer ones and do emulators or just do one or the other. On my bike the rear shock was allot more of a problem for me then the forks. My bike felt like it was hinged right behind the seat and would bounce all over the place. If you are having the same type of problem then a shock upgrade would be my recommendation.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts