Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7,347 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not mine, I've already got a GSXR front on it, but a friend of mine is planning to do the springs and oil on his and I've been roped in to help :) He's 85kg and probably best described as "adequate road rider". He doesn't plan to fit the preload adjusters now, and emulators are well out :)

I would have said .80s and 15W oil, from my own experience- I ran the same though I'm lighter, but I wanted a stiffer setup for mine than he's looking for. However, one guy whose opinion I seriously respect has suggested WP's progressives (fair enough, I like linear, don't know progressives) and 20W oil. That seems waaaay heavy for an 85 kilo road rider...

Any thoughts?

·
Registered
278 Posts
If he likes a medium set up I would go with .80 and 15wt also. But if he wants a little stiffer set up and not as much dive on the brakes, put 20wt. If hes going to be riding the crap outa it, put .85 springs and 20wt.

I dont like progressive springs because they make it more difficult to balance the front and rear and give me the feel I want. But I will say this, my dad has progressive springs in his Bandit 1200, he loves them and I hate them... to each his own I suppose.

Sounds like your on the right track anyway  :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts