Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone,

I am looking for advice on what I should expect to pay on a clean, stock, 2003 sv650s? It has only 3100 miles on it. Never down, stock tires, doesnt appear to have any problems at all.

Any input welcome.
Thanks!

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
wow, that sounds pretty good

Do you think offering $3500-3600 would be reasonable?

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Jesse H said:
What in the hell, one of my close friends is named Ben Jordan.
haha :) hey jesse!

(just kidding)

·
Registered
10,246 Posts
jamsuh said:
what part of the country do you live, that seems a little too low, about the mid 4k mark seems about right
I think that 3800-4200 is a fair range considering what some first gens are going for.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
jamsuh said:
what part of the country do you live, that seems a little too low, about the mid 4k mark seems about right
im in ohio....

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Nudist said:
I think that 3800-4200 is a fair range considering what some first gens are going for.
thanks for the advice!

·
Registered
10,246 Posts
benjordan06 said:
thanks for the advice!
In that event though you can still find an 04-05 for that same range.... dont be in too much of a hurry and the right deal will come about.

·
Registered
150 Posts
those prices seem high to me, maybe come spring people get top dollar for thier bikes. I know of 2 sv's bought at local dealerships last winter for $5K & $5.5K, so prices go way down when the snow falls. I'd offer in the $4K range & see where it gets you. people who want to stop paying insurance for a bike that they cant ride seem to be very motivated sellers.

·
Registered
4,244 Posts
What part of Ohio, Ben? There's a lot of us on here from the Cleveland area, as well as quite a few from around Cincinnati. The bike is still almost three years old, so I'd say somewhere between $3300-3700, especially since winter is in full swing now. If you know the owner, maybe offer a little higher, but don't go crazy and get ripped off. There will always be another used '03 SV to buy.

·
Registered
76 Posts
OK I will ask this since its somewhat on topic.

What is this bike worth?

2003 SV650, 14k miles.

Modifications

Suspension/Chassis:
Penske 8981 shock
Computrack built forks (emulators, springs, oil)
Chassis measure by GMD (within tolerances)
SM Type II bars

Braking:
Goodridge stainless hoses (front)
Vesrah RJL pads (under 3k mi)

Cosmetic/Other:
Suzuki fender eliminator
Alum frame sliders
Pilot powers (50% tread)
Art slip-on exhaust
Teknic Tank Bag & Saddlebags
Second rear tail section, in good condition

Bike is in excellent condition.  This means the bike was/is ridden regularly, and shows normal wear for a well-maintained machine which is garaged year round.  Very small chip in tank, minor scuffs in tail section from saddlebags (have spare tail). Bike has never been crashed, unless you consider a driveway tip which dinged bar end and muffler (since replaced) a crash.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
orangegilly said:
What part of Ohio, Ben? There's a lot of us on here from the Cleveland area, as well as quite a few from around Cincinnati. The bike is still almost three years old, so I'd say somewhere between $3300-3700, especially since winter is in full swing now. If you know the owner, maybe offer a little higher, but don't go crazy and get ripped off. There will always be another used '03 SV to buy.
hey, near dayton ...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts