Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Are you kidding me!! You come at me in such a disrespectful way in reference to judgment when in my wording the post was to be somewhat jovial. No i will not be posting here anymore.
He might not have said something in the best way but for you to then say you won't come in here or post shows your immaturity ;-(

·
Registered
9 Posts
People who don't ride with the proper (I'm talking head to toe) riding gear then get themselves damaged where they would've otherwise been fine or lesser injuries are not only costing themselves but their families, friends, medical services etc and the nations taxes.

It's not only about their choice.

Motorbikes are dangerous but it's about mitigating the risks.

Every time I ride I have a full face helmet, quality gloves, a separate back protector, codura jacket with CE rated armour, similar motorbike pants and endure style boots.

I don't just ride up to the shops and back so it's worth putting on all the gear to be comfortable on the bike.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Well, here's something on the topic of riding in high heat:

I understand that not everyone likes the idea of gearing up in white leathers, I definitely don't (all my stuff is either black, or dark blue, just like my SV650S), but it helps. And just like the guy in the video says: it's actually cooler in proper gear, especially if you soak up your t-shirt in cold water first. If you have a backpack or saddle bag, just pack extra water, and if 1h into the ride your shirt becomes dry, just soak it up again. If it's that hot, you'll need to stop to have some water anyways, unless you use a water bag with a tube going into your mouth inside the helmet. That last thing is something that really helps me out when riding in hot weather. One of the better $20 upgrades I did :cool:

·
Registered
16 Posts
I think swamp coolers are already claimed, but if you have $30k in spare change to file one, go ahead!

·
Registered
612 Posts
First street bike was a VT-500 ascot that I picked up in 2000, progressed up from there over time and as my riding and experience level increased. I see the short and tank top riders often but what I think really grabbed my attention about the rider that prompted my share on SVRIDER. The full blown headphones while riding. I haven't check how the law is written but my guess totally illegal.
Hell I see people in CARS with those big Dr Dre headphones on. Illegal as hell, but nothing is done about that, but yet I get pulled over wearing a helmet in a car (breaking it in). Go figure.

·
Super Moderator
6,859 Posts
Hell I see people in CARS with those big Dr Dre headphones on. Illegal as hell, but nothing is done about that, but yet I get pulled over wearing a helmet in a car (breaking it in). Go figure.
Seriously? I would have liked to see that!

Law Enforcement must not have a sense of humor in those parts.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Let me guess, it interferes with vision and hearing.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts