Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am throwing around some ideas and one of them was picking up a new 09 SV650SF from the dealer. Looked around a local place this weekend and the dealer was willing to go as low as 7100 on bike that would be brought in from one of the Suzuki storage warehouses. Is 400 under MSRP a decent deal or will some places go even lower?

Used was another option but I can't really find good options in my area. Craigslist looked promising until I found someone trying to sell a salvage title bike with frame damage :mad:

·
Registered
316 Posts
I've seen better deals, like $6,999-- but I'm in KS. Prices are different based on where you live and how much demand there is for these things. After all, it's really only worth what a buyer and seller can agree on.

·
Registered
345 Posts
To each their own, but I would never buy a brand new car, truck, motorcycle, etc., unless I won the lottery.

I have owned 5 cars and 7 bikes and i've the only one I ever had any MAJOR issues with I bought from a dealer.

Why not find an older one with low miles and pay half of 7100? You'd then have $3500 to put into fork springs, emulators, rear shock, exhaust, etc.

·
Registered
482 Posts
I am throwing around some ideas and one of them was picking up a new 09 SV650SF from the dealer. Looked around a local place this weekend and the dealer was willing to go as low as 7100 on bike that would be brought in from one of the Suzuki storage warehouses. Is 400 under MSRP a decent deal or will some places go even lower?

Used was another option but I can't really find good options in my area. Craigslist looked promising until I found someone trying to sell a salvage title bike with frame damage :mad:
What is your area? http://www.otdcyclesports.com has good prices on new bikes in California (the have a location in Denver too). OTD price online with no haggling.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
To each their own, but I would never buy a brand new car, truck, motorcycle, etc., unless I won the lottery.

I have owned 5 cars and 7 bikes and i've the only one I ever had any MAJOR issues with I bought from a dealer.

Why not find an older one with low miles and pay half of 7100? You'd then have $3500 to put into fork springs, emulators, rear shock, exhaust, etc.
Like I said I would love to find a good used SV but the options are limited in my area.

What is your area? http://www.otdcyclesports.com has good prices on new bikes in California (the have a location in Denver too). OTD price online with no haggling.
I live in Cincinnati

·
Registered
459 Posts
I saw one at the dealer last weekend for $6899

·
Registered
181 Posts
Keep in mind that as of two months ago MSRP on 09's was $6999, then Suzuki raised the price $500.
I had a negotiated price of around $6800 ($7400 OTD) for a 09 around that time. You have plenty of room to negotiate. Make an offer and leave, it's a buyers market.
People on CL want for used what you can get for new, unless your lucky like me. Take your time.

That 09 blue is sweet!

·
Registered
9,110 Posts
I almost hate to say this, but it's whatever you want to pay for it. It's your money, and your bike. No matter what you post here, you are going to have somebody say, "I saw one in East Bumf*ck for $xxx less.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I need a 07 or newer for my bank loan. The orange/red 07 for 3200 is the one that was crashed and has a salvage title. The "perfect 2007 sv650" the seller has never emailed me back :(.

EDIT: the perfect 07 was sold, same seller as the salvage bike

I almost hate to say this, but it's whatever you want to pay for it. It's your money, and your bike. No matter what you post here, you are going to have somebody say, "I saw one in East Bumf*ck for $xxx less.
True, but I just wanted to get an idea of what the margin is on the bikes to get a ballpark of what to start negotiating at.

·
Registered
4,225 Posts
Still get 08s I am sure and probably get a real bargain. I picked up my 08 for $7k even OTD last September because the 09s were just around the corner.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I paid 8500 OTD for my '07, but that included the full fairing and the Scorpion exhaust. Yeah, I know they stuck it to me, but I wanted it and was willing to pay their price :)

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Still get 08s I am sure and probably get a real bargain. I picked up my 08 for $7k even OTD last September because the 09s were just around the corcner.
Having the guy check the warehouse for 08's was the first thing I did. They sold the last one about 2 weeks ago. :(

·
Registered
345 Posts
Have you posted up a WTB on these forums? Somebody might be considering selling theirs and if they saw someone ready to buy they might throw it up for sale.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Have you posted up a WTB on these forums? Somebody might be considering selling theirs and if they saw someone ready to buy they might throw it up for sale.
Will do, thanks for the tip :eek:ccasion14:

****, need about 20 more posts to post a wanted ad.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Doh! Have you checked out Cycletrader.com too? I found a few on there..
My area sucks :(

Only listings are new dealers and the salvage dealer who is selling the same bikes he lists on craigslist.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts