Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
AlfBoy said:
Hey, I have that same jacket only blue and I must say it is very good! Excellent, uhhh...choice.
cool, i got a question then, how well do the zipper vents work in the summer? thats one of the main reasons i bought it was so i could stay protected AND somewhat cool. id hate to see the look on her face when i come home from work and the jacket is strapped on the back of the bike b/c its just too damn hot. ;D

Does she want to buy you a pair of JR SpeedMaster pants ins size 34 too? I got a pair for sale..
maybe if i ever get to where i can fit into a size 34 again :p

·
Registered
17 Posts
Yeah, I've got the same jacket and I love it. In Reno, during the summer, vest removed and all four vents opened it's still a portable sweat lodge, even at speed it's toasty.

But as the saying goes: it's better to sweat than to bleed.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Liutas said:
Does this jacket have the 360 degree zipper for connecting to pants or just the little 8in deal in the back?
just the 8in in the back. i figure if i get a set of pants to attach i will just take them to a alteration shop and have the 360 zipper put in.

But as the saying goes: it's better to sweat than to bleed
this is true

·
OberKommandant
6,133 Posts
larphead said:
just the 8in in the back. i figure if i get a set of pants to attach i will just take them to a alteration shop and have the 360 zipper put in.
Check around before you buy the jacket, I have a different JR jacket that only has the 8in zipper, I took the jacket to a few different places and they all said they couldn't do it.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
jacket arrived today. must say I LIKEY VERY MUCH ;D

46 fits me just right. not too loose and i can still breath lol.

it was atvertised as having the 8" zipper in the back for pants. but it looks like it has both the 8" and a 360 zipper. the padding is removeable but its kinda a PITA to put it back in (i had to try :p) the only real complaint that i have is that the side vents are hard to reach when your wearing it. other than that im happy.

only 35* out but the roads are clear so i had to give it a "test ride" ;D

·
Registered
254 Posts
larphead said:
cool, i got a question then, how well do the zipper vents work in the summer? thats one of the main reasons i bought it was so i could stay protected AND somewhat cool.
Poorly. I used to have that jacket and it was only good between 30 and 85 degrees. The vents were pretty much useless. Past 85 degrees I was dying (I live in Houston, though). I wear preforated leather all summer and although it's definately warm it wasn't near as bad as that vented leather.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts