Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like like to get a new pipe, a rear seat cover, eliminate the fender, and I would like to get a center stand. If someone could give me some recommendations and website with pictures that would be great. thank you.

·
Registered
179 Posts
1st Mod: Motosliders.  Probably the most inexpensive frame sliders that you can get and they are high quality.  I've never heard anyone complain about them, in fact everyone that I've read about that has used them swears by them.  They guy that runs it is a member of the board, so you'd be supporting a fellow SV-er. 

Pipe:  Most people get M4 or Holeshot.  I personally have a LeoVince and love it.  I hear the M4 makes the most power.  I think a lot of people get their pipes from Pipecity

Not sure about a center stand, but I have a rear stand from Pit-Bull.  They sell rear and front stands.  They are pretty spendy, but high quality. 

·
Registered
104 Posts
Brakes and suspension 1st and 2nd.
Make sure you can control and stop your bike before worrying about going faster and looking cooler.

·
Registered
482 Posts
miggs said:
Brakes and suspension 1st and 2nd.
Make sure you can control and stop your bike before worrying about going faster and looking cooler.
Very true! However, b/c I know what it's like to want to get the bike sounding better and looking better too (and it's something you can do with little to no knowledge of bikes) here's what I would recommend:

1) Motosliders (like dmr said) are a great bet!!! You should install these before you ever put one mile on your bike.
2) Pipe: Holeshot pipes sound great and the high mounts look even better (in my opinion). I've also heard Yosh RS-3, and I just heard a D&D pipe on a 1st gen (I know, not the same) and I've still got a thing for the yosh pipe. M4 is the cheaper option and I've never heard anyone complain about them. (I've just never heard one in person). I did the restrictorectomy to save me the $$$ so I could spend it on suspension upgrades. Here's the thread http://forum.svrider.com/index.php?topic=41140.0

3) Fender Eliminator: Do a search for the DIY kit and you'll save mega $$$ and it'll look virtually identical to the others. I would highly recommend getting rid of the mudshovel though. Hotbodies, Holeshot and others have extremely good looking fe's, just a little pricey.

4) Center stand?? I don't recall ever seeing one for the sv. Not saying they don't exist, I just don't recall reading about them. Pitbull makes a top of the line rear stand, as well as the Thruster stand. Here's the link to the rear stand thread http://forum.svrider.com/index.php?topic=39826.0 The seller also has a front stand to accompany it. The rear is a very good quality stand that I've been using for the past 5 months.

Good luck with all of your mods. I would put some stock into upgrading your brakes and suspension... but I understand your need to eliminate the mudshovel and get a bit louder sound. I am planning on getting some Galfer lines, but that'll be a bit later. I hope this helps you a little bit.

No matter what though...... GET THE SLIDERS!!!!!! Those will save you $$$$ when you least expect it! ;D

S

·
0 Posts
You can get a centerstand from twistedthrottle.net. They sell a model from SW-motech, it's $160 or so. I just put mine on this weekend. Installation was a bit of a bear. I should probably say it cost an extra $170 because I had to buy an impact wrench to get an old bolt off, but new tools are always cool.

Eric

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
stranger said:
the best mod you can do on a blue one is paint it silver!  :D
pshh.....:p that would make it uncool....

·
Registered
482 Posts
stranger said:
the best mod you can do on a blue one is paint it silver! :D
That way if you do what is said, you can lose at LEAST 4-5 mph on your top end, not to mention not having near as sexy of a bike as possible

J

·
0 Posts
For the seat cowl and other Suzuki products try www.oneidasuzuki.com. They have really good prices on there stuff. However there shipping is expensive and takes a week to 2 to get the stuff. I have a yosh pipe however i really like the m-4 and hindle system's as well.

First mod should be sliders especially if this is your first bike (Nate's are great and he is a member here). After all what looks cooler a stock bike with sliders or a nicely modded bike all rashed up?

·
Registered
3,399 Posts
blacktape said:
pshh.....:p that would make it uncool....
and more prone to crashing ::)

·
Registered
899 Posts
I'd paint it yellow! But, of course I'm biased! Seriously, here are a few of my mods:
M4 high mount exhaust - Looks and sounds great!
Hotbodies undertail/fender eliminator
Chin spoiler - factory
solo seat cowl - factory

·
Registered
8 Posts
I saw 11 replies and wondered if he'd been told to paint it yet.  Nice to see nothing's changed while I've been gone.  Except a bunch of people leaving.  And some new people joining.  Oh yeah, and the whole look of the site.

I agree on the frame sliders.  Should be the first thing you do.

·
Registered
745 Posts
Well, it's already blue, so it's already the fastest color. Any mods done to increase performance is just gonna be rubbing all the silver and yellow guys noses in it. ;D

Seriously, frame sliders first, then maybe exhaust, PC, and K&N. You might think about just riding the heck out of it. The best mod you can make is to make yourself a better rider. ;)

·
Registered
16 Posts

Here are my mods.

B

·
0 Posts
I've heard and read from people much better than me, that if you have the cash set aside for the mods, a good riding school is the best thing you can spend it on. I could have gsxr1000 and Rossi could be on a ninja 250, but if its anything but a completely straight line, who do you think will win????

brett

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
cyclerider105 said:
I'd paint it yellow!  But, of course I'm biased!  Seriously, here are a few of my mods:
M4 high mount exhaust - Looks and sounds great!
Hotbodies undertail/fender eliminator
Chin spoiler - factory
solo seat cowl - factory
How easy was the undertail/fender eliminator to put on?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts