Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This should help make choosing a seat upgrade a little easier.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Stock seat: not a pain in the a$$...

So, I voted: Stock, it's great.

I lied.

I have the stock and find it passable. I've done 500 miles (10 hours = 8 riding + 2 resting) and was not in extreme pain. Maybe it's my bicycling experience, but I never expected a stratolounger. In my opinion, it could be better, but it works for me so far... Sorry to not make the choice much easier. :)

Later,
Tim.

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Couldn't add any other options

Tried to add a \"seat is OK\" option for each seat type, but the system wouldn't let me add that many options. So I was limited to these choices. I modified the \"stock seat\" option because I don't think too many people will say its great but may find it passable.

Thanks for the input.

BTW My stock seat becomes a real pain after a couple of hours.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
the stock seat is good for about an hour...anymore than that and your ass is something other than flesh.

on longer rides, i wear padded cycling shorts under whatever i am wearing. aside from the padding, they wick perspiration and are more comfortable. plus, i don't need $150 + for a new seat this way.

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sargent all the way baby , my ass thanks me every time I get on or off the SV :p

·
Registered
10 Posts
I'm with stough

I've ridden Mountain Bikes for years... Compared to the saddle on my bike, the seat on the SVS looks like a barcalounger. That said, I do have to move around in the saddle to stay comfortable (just like on the MTB). I think a Corbin or Sargent would help - but I refuse to buy without sitting in one first. FWIW, I have not heard all that many good things about the Suzuki Gel seat...

Just my .02

/j

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

...to put this bluntly jgardy, if you're a chick, the stock seat will make you doubt that rather quickly. after long rides my girl bits are numb for a while :shock:

if you're a guy, it's probably workable...

peace,
pen

·
Registered
235 Posts
RE

:D

Sargent seat with the griptex material! Super comfortable and a lot less $ than most common mods (tires, slip-ons, etc.) Get one!!!!

-cos

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Went on a 300 mile group ride on Saturday. Plenty of stops along the way. Spent around 6 hours in the saddle. There was another guy with a SV in the group and he had a Corbin saddle. About 3 hours into the ride I sat on his bike and there were no pressure points that I was feeling on my stock seat. By the time I got home my mind was fully made up to buy a new seat :shock:

·
Registered
6,503 Posts
Another alternative

I have 1\" thick high density automotive phone in my stock seat. Cost me $20, lowered the seat a good bit (30\" inseam), and I don't even think about the seat on long rides.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

Where can you buy Sargeant seats? Do they have a website like Corbin w/ pictures?

·
Hall Monitor
2,738 Posts
I have a flabby old seat but my wife says it still looks good! Oh, wait a minute, that's not what you meant...

Bill

F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
JGardy, I've got a coolant leak too. Is yours right at the joint where the hose meets metal? The service guys tell me I've got a faulty thermometer flange that will cost me about 150 to fix. Doesn't seem to leak much unless I spin the engine up close to the rev limiter, :p so I was putting the fix off for now.

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I have a Corbin seat and I was AMAZED at the difference from a stock seat. Especially on a ride that is more than an hour. Their customer service was real good too. Friendly, helpful, etc. No, I don't work there.

·
Registered
5,092 Posts
I also kept the stock seat. I can't afford to upgrade it. Also, after hearing that I shouldn't be spending much time sitting on it if I'm at the track, I'm not particularly motivated to get a soft girlie seat. But, seriously, sometime my buns really start to hurt. I sit sideways sometime with my right knee resting on my frame slider when I'm on long and "safe" stretches of road. It's a nice relief. I ride like that until it starts hurting a bit and then I switch back to riding normal and it feels surprisingly nice.

·
Registered
170 Posts
I have the Gel seat and it is an improvement over the stock seat.....to say it is great though, is pushing it. It is comfortable enough.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts