Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I quess chewy22 would be the first to know but if anyone else knows and can answer please jump in. Chewy, I don't mean to cut into your business but I was wondering what kind of LEDs are used. I have an electronics shop down the stree from me and wanted to play around with different colors and figured it would be easier to go to them for different LEDs to try out. Thanks.

·
Registered
121 Posts
I think it would be just a particular dimension. LEDs are LEDs, there aren't different kinds, just different shapes and colors.

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
Actually there are a lot of different kinds of LEDs, they vary by resistance, intensity, color, light angle, head shape, and mounting. As far as what's actually in the tail light, I really don't know, but there might be some markings on the housing that say. or perhaps in the service manual.

You should be careful about messing with it though, as far as I'm aware you cant use any other color but red, or white with a red housing... according to DOT regs.

G

·
actually actually there is only like 3 form factors that are used often, as far as voltage is concerned i think you can safely run most led's at around 2 volts. the only thing left is to figure out which color you want and how bright you want it to be. id get the brightest you can get for a reasonable price and then play with resistors to bring it down to where you want it to be.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I feel stupid... I shouild have said I was wondering what kind of LEDs were used in the instrument cluster. I know they are the little box shaped ones I was just wondering what volatage and resistance kind of stuff about them.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Surface mount LEDs, That are very hard to get in small quantity But I have a supply and I can get any colour combination you wish Just remember you need two in the top section rev counter and 6 in the LCD display. You don?t get any light leakage between the two areas. I have a how to do in my web-site www.chewys-stuff.co.uk/

1 - 7 of 7 Posts