Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am new to these bikes. I have a 2007 SV650 and when I look at the parts diagram to purchase parts, it notes different parts for K3/K4 and so on all the way to K7.

How do I tell what "K" mine is so I can buy the right parts?

Thanks.

·
Registered
2,804 Posts
I got a 2003....so it is a K3.....04 is a K4 and so on

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Boy, do I feel dumb.

I should have figured that out.

Mine being a 2007 SV650 (no S) makes it a K7 then.

Thank you.

One other question I have. What is the usual crusing rpm's that most folks run these bikes at. I get the feeling from the bike that once you reach your desired speed, 5000 rpm's is about right. I would like an opinion on this from those of you who have more experience with this model machine.

This is a really great bike and I hope to run it for many years to come.

Thank you.

·
Registered
2,999 Posts
Boy, do I feel dumb.

I should have figured that out.

Mine being a 2007 SV650 (no S) makes it a K7 then.

Thank you.

One other question I have. What is the usual crusing rpm's that most folks run these bikes at. I get the feeling from the bike that once you reach your desired speed, 5000 rpm's is about right. I would like an opinion on this from those of you who have more experience with this model machine.

This is a really great bike and I hope to run it for many years to come.

Thank you.
I just cruise in 6th gear. as long as rpms are over 3000 or so. But if I want to accelerate or it's uphill, I downshift. I don't like to accelerate hard unless rpms are over 4000 or so.

·
Registered
1,633 Posts

I run mine at between 4-5000 RPM when ever possible.....pick the gear that keeps it in that range for any given speed and you'll be just fine.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thank you for replies.

I have been keeping it around 5k and it seems to work ok. I thought it might be a bit high rpmwise and might make the mpg suffer.

I defer to the most of what I have read on this site as it seems to be more logical than most, despite the K-car above.

Thanks again for the replies.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts