Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,625 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know I get excited easily but that wasnt the case. White frothy stuff discovered while changing my oil. Seems to be lightly coated around the clutch basket while viewing through the oil cap.

·
Registered
881 Posts
could be gas in the oil. or perhaps coolant .mite even be left over grees from assembly.

flush your oil pan and see what comes out.

·
Registered
63 Posts
If you take short trips and don't get your engine very hot for very long moisture can build up in your crankcase. If your oil looks like a milkshake then its more likely you have an internal engine leak. Check your coolant level, if it is where it should be you probably just need to ride faster and longer.

·
Premium Member
4,625 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The oil came out looking fine. I went all winter without an oil change (since I dont ride it much). Most of the trips were of the short variety, as in 15-20 minutes tops. So I was thinking that it was possibly moisture buildup from sitting over winter. Just wanted to make sure it wasnt anything else...special.

Note: You can see the oil that just came out sitting on the gruond in the garbage can lid.

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
It's condensation...

and completely normal.

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
I never noticed it in the many years I had the SV and that was ridden through each winter also.
That's cause this is an I4.

Higher revs mean higher oil temps.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts