Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I just bought a 2006 SV650S, 26,000km, mostly bone stock yesterday. There's still about 3 months of snow, so I have a bit of time to tinker. (81 days, but... who's counting...)

The guy who sold it to me bought it for his wife but she didn't love it. ?‍♂

My question is regarding this little red button. He said it turns the tacometer into a fuel gauge, but he was told it needs to be calibrated. When I hold it for a few seconds, the tacometer moves to 10,000rpm (engine at idle) and stays there until I press it again. The tank is mostly full, so it seems legit. I just want to know more about it, what else it can do, and how I can use it.

I've never had a fuel gauge on a bike before!
IMG_20200118_164249817.jpg

·
Registered
498 Posts
Hi and welcome to SVR.

Thank god you only pressed it once. Press it twice in quick succession and it fires the rocket from the end can.

(It's an aftermarket mod and not standard fitment on the SVs. Only the previous owner can tell you how he did the mod.)

·
Super Moderator
8,604 Posts
... My question is regarding this little red button. He said it turns the tachometer into a fuel gauge.
The red button is for the SV650 FuelBot. As mentioned, it turns the tachometer into a fuel gauge. :) Press the button 1x for normal tachometer mode. Press the button 2x for Fuel Gauge mode. See the Operation manual PDF below, there are other modes as well.

Hold on to that unit, there were only about 100 of those made. Once calibrated, accuracy is 2% or better.

Here is the FuelBot1.0 Demo Video:

Here is the SVRider FuelBot Thread.

Here are the manuals:
FuelBot Operation, v1.0.pdf
FuelBot Installation, v1.1.pdf
FuelBot Calibration, v1.0.pdf

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
8,384 Posts
hey Tee, I've got SteveSlo's fuelbot that ran off the starter button. Know anyone that wants it?

·
Registered
86 Posts
Fuelbot?? That sounds amazing. I imagine there isn't one for gladius?

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
8,604 Posts
hey Tee, I've got SteveSlo's fuelbot that ran off the starter button. Know anyone that wants it?
Not off hand. I get requests now and then but have not kept a list.

Important to note: SteveSLO's FuelBot1.0 is unique, it is the only one every made that uses the starter button instead of the extra red button. History on that: The original design was to be 100% stealth, not extra button or display: use the tach for display, the starter button for "select". Unfortunately the starter button type only works on the SV650 2007+ . I did not want to support two different versions so all units sold after Steve's used the red select button.

Fuelbot?? That sounds amazing. I imagine there isn't one for gladius?
Sorry, FuelBot1.0 is for SV650 gen2 only.

·
Super Moderator
8,384 Posts
Important to note: SteveSLO's FuelBot1.0 is unique, it is the only one every made that uses the starter button instead of the extra red button. History on that: The original design was to be 100% stealth, not extra button or display: use the tach for display, the starter button for "select". Unfortunately the starter button type only works on the SV650 2007+ . I did not want to support two different versions so all units sold after Steve's used the red select button.
so that's 1) super interesting. and 2) really good info, i appreciate that

·
Registered
92 Posts
make an offer. keep in mind, you're likely going to need to work w teeriver to get it wired up since it's not 100% plug and play
With further info kindly provided by Tee, I'll give it a miss, thanks very much though.

Only reason is the lack of a metric mode, being an early version.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
:eek:

This is the most amazing thing ever!

I've dabbled in electronics/automation projects, but never built anything actually useful!

I traded my Concours 1000 last spring for a 2006 Honda Shadow because it's in better condition thinking it would be a decent ride. Worst decision ever!

Just last week I snagged this beautiful SV650s. This fuelbot is the icing on the delicious cake that is the SV! Can't wait for the snow to melt!

TeeRiver, I feel like i owe you a beer!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts