Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,714 Posts
looks to be an oil or coolant gallery blockoff.
That's where they bore a hole into the block where it meets up with the bore that's blocked with the bolt directly below.
Shouldn't need to mess with them unless you need to clear crud out of them (from catastrophic engine melt down).

They're original machining and assembly archeology that shouldn't need service in normal use.

·
Registered
102 Posts
If you're asking what it is, I'm guessing you already took it out and found that oil comes pouring out. At least that's what I did. Looked like a decent fairing bracket location, so I unscrewed it, and promptly screwed it right back in.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yea, the guy I bought it from had tied a wire through the oil drain plug and secured it under the head of this bolt. Screwed up the seating surface, so it was leaking, I got it stopped with lock tight. Thanks for the responses.

·
Registered
5,702 Posts
Yea, the guy I bought it from had tied a wire through the oil drain plug and secured it under the head of this bolt. Screwed up the seating surface, so it was leaking, I got it stopped with lock tight. Thanks for the responses.

BRILLIANT!

In an attempt to prevent a leak, he created one. :nosepick:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts