Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Or is there any difference whatsoever? Pretty limited in time and tools. I'd like to install a highmount slip-on can for a 1st generation. Want the easiest/cost effective solution that I can still be proud of. Also, I've read many different opinions as to whether or not you need a retune or whatnot afterwards. Keep in mind that I have the carbureted model. Thanks for the help. Peter

·
Registered
196 Posts
I installed a Scorpion highmount and love it! Id reccomend a Sawzall for removal of the stocker, of course youd need that on anyone though. Check out www.buycyclegear.com thats where i got mine. Good price and friendly customer service. But this is just my own humble opinion.

·
Premium Member
710 Posts
abass84 said:
I installed a Scorpion highmount and love it! Id reccomend a Sawzall for removal of the stocker, of course youd need that on anyone though. Check out www.buycyclegear.com thats where i got mine. Good price and friendly customer service. But this is just my own humble opinion.
+1

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sounds great guys. Thanks for the info. Do I need any special attachments? Do I need to remove the rear pegs or anything like that? I've read that some high mounts need other alterations. Really lookin' for the easiest cuz I'm lazy. ;D

Oh, that looks awesome! Do I need too change out the rear turn signals?

·
Premium Member
6,627 Posts
pslamp32 said:
Sounds great guys. Thanks for the info. Do I need any special attachments? Do I need to remove the rear pegs or anything like that? I've read that some high mounts need other alterations. Really lookin' for the easiest cuz I'm lazy. ;D

Oh, that looks awesome! Do I need too change out the rear turn signals?
the scoripion comes with spacers for the rear pass peg, and you'd probably need smaller signals for the rear as well

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
OK. What do you recommend for the signals if I go for the Scorpion. Thanks a bunch! :) Signals should be easy right?

·
Premium Member
710 Posts
pslamp32 said:
OK. What do you recommend for the signals if I go for the Scorpion. Thanks a bunch! :) Signals should be easy right?
i did the hotbodies undertail. pretty simple but you'll need a plate light if you wanna make it legal

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
dubss said:
i did the hotbodies undertail. pretty simple but you'll need a plate light if you wanna make it legal
So you're not at the meet spot either. LOL

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
dubss said:
Can you give me a link? Thanks.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Wait. How is this a replacement for the turn signals? Isn't that just a brake light? I'm confused.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
dubss said:
you'll need a plate light if you wanna make it legal
What did you do to defeat this problem? Thanks.

·
Premium Member
710 Posts
pslamp32 said:
Wait. How is this a replacement for the turn signals? Isn't that just a brake light? I'm confused.
it replaces the entire rear fender. look closer, the little LED things under the brake lights are the turn signals

·
Premium Member
710 Posts
pslamp32 said:
What did you do to defeat this problem? Thanks.
i didn't ;D
i'll put up pics tomorrow of what it looks like if you can wait. or someone else can. i'll chekc back tomorrow(gotta run now) to see if some has responded. if not i'll throw some up

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.