Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to put new exhaust on my 2004 sv650s I want it to sound deep and throaty. What is the best slip on? Thanks.

·
Premium Member
3,311 Posts
leo vince Ti
M4 Ti

·
BannedCampCounselor
9,911 Posts
"best" for a slipon is all subjective.
Listen to some sound clips on ebay, and even better, try to hear some in person and make an informed decision from that.
otherwise you're going to hear 20 different "best-sounding" slipon opinions.

·
Registered
4,225 Posts
Love my new M4 but I am biased.

Only posted today in another thread that on Saturday a HD owner commented how sweet the M4 sounded then added on the end 'for a rice-burner'.

I guess that a compliment, is a compliment, is a compliment :)

I found not one sound-clip did the M4 any justice and that would be true of every make/model of exhaust out there. But it does give you some idea though.

EDIT: btw the M4 is pretty loud and its not run in yet.

·
Registered
23 Posts
i got a carbonfiber Jardine, and when i first took it for a test ride it; my impression was that it sounded like a Chopper!! haha i have had people tell me that when i'm "ON IT" it soulds like a Duc. i ordered mine on closeout on starcycle.com and got it with a MidPipe, which made installiation for basic wrench like myself A LOT eaiser. no hack sawing needed.
Gud Luc !

·
Registered
533 Posts
I like my m4 slip on.. it's got a real deep sound to it from Idle all the way through the RPM's. Plus I really like the way my carbon fiber high mount looks.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
How is the YOSHIMURA RS-3? I find a lot of them on ebay and the price is good. the M4 is twice as much. If they suck tell me i would rather save a few more weeks then get somthing crappy. Remember I am looking for a thoaty sound. Thanks a lot for your guys help I am new to this kind of bike i am used to riding a cruiser.

·
Registered
4,225 Posts
:)

Do a search here on SVR for "EXHAUST" or "SLIP ON" . There is a ton of threads and pics on exhausts. Hours of reading and viewing pleasure

·
Premium Member
9,691 Posts
See even though this question will be asked weekly it doesn't bother me in the least. :) And again I could spaz out use the search function and bump to the top the first 20 threads that deal with the same subject in a way to ridicule and belittle this person I won't because it's not about tires.

And really I still now sure why or what he hopes to gain from this post in the first place?? Choosing an exhaust based on the simple fact that more people in one thread say that Moteck is best is clearly the best way to find the best! Sure there are thousands of members on SVR with aftermarket exhausts on their bikes but the majority of posters that said Moteck in this thread or the majority of posters that said Bighorn in the last thread are correct. Those are the best so or is it the majority that said Rumble Can Ti in the other thread from 2 weeks ago or is it majority that said ZZZoom in the thread from last month?? So I dunno which best one you want but this is the best way to get the best or at last what the majority of people who answer in that thread think.

And oh yeah the BEST exhaust for the SV650 is a Scorpion cause that's what I have.

·
Registered
237 Posts
I've come to the conclusion after reading about, seeing a few friend's slip-ons and sound bites; The Slip-on doesn't improve power all that much.. what 1 - 2 - 4 HP? for the few that Dyno before and after install. Unlike a complete exhaust system that will increase HP.. So it really comes down to preferred sound..

Want a killer sound.. Remove the baffles and desnorkle.. Its God awful loud like my friends smaller HD, but with a smoother idle..

·
Registered
4,225 Posts
See even though this question will be asked weekly it doesn't bother me in the least. :) And again I could spaz out use the search function and bump to the top the first 20 threads that deal with the same subject in a way to ridicule and belittle this person I won't because it's not about tires.
I did not belittle any one. I told him or her to try the search function to get way more info and pictures for sucks fake.

And I changed the icon to a smiley face. Have a happy SV day :)

·
Registered
2,922 Posts
Delkevic stainless stubby. Cheap + Light + Attractive + Sounds great = $145 shipped.

Pretty screamin' deal.

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
Delkevic is the best for your money. I have a holeshot on my bike though and love it, but its twice the price of a Delkevic.

·
Registered
5,007 Posts
Leo Vince.

No.....Yosh.

No......M4.

No......Holeshot.

No......Remus.

No......Renegade (crap, they went belly up).

No......Delkavic.

No......Jardine.

No......Scorpion.

No......D&D.

No......Devil.

No......Supertrapp.

No......Stock.

1 - 20 of 71 Posts