Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been thinking about selling the SV. Just wondering what it would go for these days. I know I will get more if I parts it out then sell it stock but that is such a pain. Heres what I got...ill try to post pics soon.

2004 Yellow SV650s
5000 Miles
Zero Gravity windscreen
Suzuki carbon fiber key guard
Suzuki carbon fiber gas cap protector
Suzuki SV tank bra
Harri's SV grips
Bar-end Sliders
Frame Sliders
Swing-arm slidders/spools
Front Turn signals (mini-stalks)
New headlights (Yellow Xenon bulbs)
Radiator grill
Oil cooler grill
Goodridge Steel brake lines (Front and rear)
Suzuki Chin spoiler
Suzuki Rear hugger
Targa Fender eliminator
Suzuki Rear seat cowl
Clear Alternatives Integrated blinker/turn signal kit
Ohlins steering damper
Ohlins Rear Shock
Rebuilt front forks (race tech springs /emulators, 20wt oil)
Vortex rear sets
Full Micron high mount exhaust system
PCIIIUSB Power commander w/ custom map
Vortex sprockets (front & rear) 15/46
RK 520 chain
New pilot power tires
Suzuki gel seat
Suzuki rear stand

Dont get me wrong I love this bike but Ive always had the itch for a cbr. Im also thinking about turning this into a track bike and ride aomething else on the street.

·
Registered
24 Posts
1 million dollars

j/k. I personally would not pay more for a bike with mods. than I would pay for a stock bike. I actually look for stock vehicles. :)

·
Registered
359 Posts
Art Vandelay said:
I personally would not pay more for a bike with mods. than I would pay for a stock bike
most people are the same. For the most part, people will pay far less if the bike is heavily modded almost never more unless they really like what you have done with it.

·
Registered
398 Posts
+1 mods only add value if the person buying would do that anyways. I, and most people I think, avoid extensively modified vehicles. Part it out.

·
Registered
482 Posts
Seriously... part it out. And let me know what your prices are when you do :-D I've got a list that I might be interested in if the price is right

·
Registered
13 Posts
We would all like to think that what we do or add to a bike will add to it's value, however it rarely does. You might get a little more for your bike than if it was stock but don't count on getting a whole lot more. As has been said before, heavily modified bikes can actually scare people off (I know It does for me). You would be much further ahead, money wise, by parting out the accessories. If it's too much of a pain to remove your stuff, just sell it as is but understand you probably won't recover your costs.

Walker

·
Registered
3,399 Posts
an 04 .. so, you more or less JUST bought the thing... and put like a bazillion dollars worth of mods on it .. now you want to sell it?! wtf?!

·
Registered
687 Posts
RandyO said:
$3700-$4700
i think randy O is in the ball park.but like other have said it going to be a hard sell. even if you part it out. the parts are used and people are only going to pay so much for used part. but who knows you might be lucky:)

·
Registered
3,399 Posts
turn it into a track bike, sell the cosmetic stuff here on svrider or on ebay.. :)

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
the mods alone are atleast worth 1k+. If you really wanna get rid of the SV and are being lowballed by dealers, then consider trading bikes.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Please part out I NEED PARTS!!!
Your bike sounds strangely like my bike, but mine is paid off now.
If you do part out, I call the Forks

·
Premium Member
6,627 Posts
it's hard to say, i think people on this site are a little low, a friend bought a cruiser in 2002 for 6300 and sold it this year for 6800, just put pipes and lowered the rear, put it in a high traffic area with a for sale sign and see what happens

·
Registered
687 Posts
thejimdaddy said:
it's hard to say, i think people on this site are a little low, a friend bought a cruiser in 2002 for 6300 and sold it this year for 6800, just put pipes and lowered the rear, put it in a high traffic area with a for sale sign and see what happens
but it was a cruiser , diffrent market all together .

·
Premium Member
3,557 Posts
NADA places the retail value somewhere between $3,715 $4,865.

That's what a dealer would sticker it for. Private sellers generally sell for less, but more than what trade in is.

If you want top dollar - you WILL be unhappy with a trade in value.

thejimdaddy said:
Whoever bought that bike was likely uninformed and likely did it with no knowledge of what it's worth. There isn't a single Metric cruiser that holds its value that well. Yamahas do pretty well - but not like that. No way.

Your freind got lucky.

·
Premium Member
6,627 Posts
Ruefus said:
thejimdaddy said:
Whoever bought that bike was likely uninformed and likely did it with no knowledge of what it's worth. There isn't a single Metric cruiser that holds its value that well. Yamahas do pretty well - but not like that. No way.

Your freind got lucky.
exactly, he was a dumba$s, the guy had a son who had a buell, i wanted him to find out if he wanted to buy the sv too,

1 - 16 of 16 Posts