Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I used to use a Dainese Bap Back protector but the velcro over time has worn out, and I only wear it when I'm carrying a crap load of stuff to the office, delivering paperwork, or carrying a load a crap in general.

Otherwise I use the thin foam pad that came in my Scorpion Stinger leather jacket. I have my eyes on a Dainese Sheild Air to drop into the pocket in the jacket, but I'd like to know what you guys picked up to use this season/relied on in the past.

·
Registered
2,849 Posts
Frying pan and safety wire.

·
Registered
2,804 Posts
the passenger!

·
Registered
411 Posts
I just have what's in my jacket (the usual thin thingo...) but would love to find something a bit more substantial that fits into the same sized pocket.

·
Premium Member
613 Posts
TPro Forcefield. I bought the one with the straps and had the straps cut off and velcro sewn onto it so that I can fit the larger back protector (with kidney protection "ears") in my stich suit. I then had my Olympia Stealth fitted with the corresponding velcro, so I can move the pad to that suit during the summer.

tk

·
Registered
5,174 Posts
Commuter jacket: Dainese insert
1pc suit: T-pro forcefield

The thin foam things you get in jackets are typically worth nothing, just FYI. A great back protector is the T-pro forcefield, also rebranded for Joe Rocket as the Speedmaster.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Dainese Wave insert in one of their jackets. Stays decently cool even in the Florida heat. Very comfy.

·
Premium Member
3,662 Posts
I call them my lats and traps...

but my jacket also has some padding insert in it too ;D

Edit
I know the jackets I have all have CE Rated shoulder and arm padding but I am not so sure the back inserts are CE rated... they are fairly thick pads... but no plating though...

Does the plated style back pads really do that much... the ones I saw had less padding.... sure they may be better with abrasion... but does the plate style prevent hyperextension of the back? I suppose it would be a bit better at spreadding the impact over a larger area...

how comfortable are those styles to wear over long distance riding?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts