Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As of today. I am so frustrated right now I want to beat my head off of the wall...

Chances of getting the bike done are NOT good!

Massacre the subframe
Reshape Ninja Tail
Mount Tail
Brake and Turn Signals
-Mount/wire All Signals Front/Back
Cut Seat to Fit
-Recover Sear
Pull SV Wheel
Powder Coat F3 Wheel
Mount F3 Wheel
Redo Brake Fluid
Mount Fairing Stay
Mount Upper
Mount Lower
Fab Stabilizer bracket
Mount Stabilizer
Fab Speedo Bracket
Mount Speedo
Fab Steering Stops
Buy Windshield
Mount Windshield
Paint Fender, tail, upper, lower
Go custom Decal place
Buy Bar Ends
Change Oil
Cam Swap
Adjust Brake pedal and Clutch shifter
Fab and Mount Headlight Bracket
Mirrors
New Grips
New Rear Tire
Buy/install Rear Wave rotor
Register the beast so it has a plate

I'm sure there are a few things I'm missing. I am also sure that some of it won't get done either.

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I spent a bit over 4.5 hours in the garage last night with another person and we got nothing accomplished. Other than deciding that we were not going to use the stock tail light. And that was after pretty much ruining the race tail that I had bought.

·
Registered
10,246 Posts
I have been trying to dedicate a few hours out of my day each day but there is so much to do. I will be definitely getting some help soon though.

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I don't have a proper garage to work in, for storage yes, but work no. So to work on the bike we have to drive about 40 minutes and I never get out of work till around 7. Plus it just so happens that I work all day Saturday (buddy bartends that night so he can't help me) and about a 12 hour day on Sunday this weekend.

I didn't want to but we are going to have to break down and rattle can the body work, and dress that up with some decals. Luckily I know a guy who has the decal place that will do them for me on the cheap and then keep the designs so after I get a proper paint I can reapply.

·
King of D'bags
3,579 Posts
Zach! Fire up the truck. Sounds like we're goin' to NY. I'll grab my tools. You get the wimminfolk.

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Will you still go if you don't get it done?
That hopefully is not an option. However I truly can't see going to Fontana from 6/1 - 6/7 with no bike. My problem is that NY has inspection so it isn't even like I can slap some half ass headlight on and ride the bike as is...

Plus the CC# they have for the cabin is mine, so I gotta go.

·
Registered
3,773 Posts
You don't need a NY inspection sticker to ride down there, the cops would never bother to check it because most won't bother remembering which states inspect and how they show compliance.

Do the essential stuff first, the cosmetic next and the "extra" stuff last. Good luck :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
1,904 Posts
As of today. I am so frustrated right now I want to beat my head off of the wall...

Chances of getting the bike done are NOT good!

Massacre the subframe
Reshape Ninja Tail
Mount Tail
Brake and Turn Signals
-Mount/wire All Signals Front/Back brake/running light is all you need
Cut Seat to Fit
-Recover Sear
Pull SV Wheel
Powder Coat F3 Wheel rattle can until later date
Mount F3 Wheel
Redo Brake Fluid
Mount Fairing Stay
Mount Upper
Mount Lower
Fab Stabilizer bracket ghey later
Mount Stabilizer ^^^^^^^
Fab Speedo Bracket don't need
Mount Speedo ^^^^^^^^
Fab Steering Stops judgement call
Buy Windshield
Mount Windshield
Paint Fender, tail, upper, lower
Go custom Decal place WTF
Buy Bar Ends seriously?
Change Oil
Cam Swap won't run without it ?
Adjust Brake pedal and Clutch shifter ghey
Fab and Mount Headlight Bracket
Mirrors don't need
New Grips
New Rear Tire
Buy/install Rear Wave rotor money tight yet ?
Register the beast so it has a plate

I'm sure there are a few things I'm missing. I am also sure that some of it won't get done either.
Make it pretty for Woody's handpicked judges (if it matters to you) and F the rest. There, I just improved your efficiency by 200% and cut your costs by half. ;D

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
All I have is an expired Ohio plate and no NY plate yet.

As for you Slave, yes a lot is cosmetic. I already decided last night that the cams can wait. However if anyone wants to help out I'll bring them down and we can do them down there after some riding and a few beers.

The rear rotor is in the mail.
The rim will be PC'd soon, I"ve betting getting jerked around a bit on it.
I'm ordering a headlight and signals today.

It will at least be rideable, I'm just getting *****y and overwhelmed now thta I am on a timeline.

·
Premium Member
3,499 Posts
I have been trying to dedicate a few hours out of my day each day but there is so much to do. I will be definitely getting some help soon though.
After next Wednesday I am off for the summer. You buy the beer ;D.

Seriously good luck to both you guys. Seems like a lot to do. Trust me I know how on a project things always take longer than planned too (you break something, find a stripped bolt hole, etc).

·
Registered
13,319 Posts
Make it pretty for Woody's handpicked judges (if it matters to you) and F the rest. There, I just improved your efficiency by 200% and cut your costs by half. ;D
+900.425

Derek's given me some great advice over the years.

Me: Will a 47 rear sprocket fit on the bike?
GM: Sure!
Me: What about a different sized chain?
GM: You should be fine.
Me: Really?
GM: Yeah, just kick the tire forward a little more.
Me: Ok.
Ya know what... he was right!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts