Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

3201 - 3211 of 3211 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Upgraded my brakes yesterday: Spiegler stainless brake lines, EBC HH pads.
The brake feel is so much better now. Now I need a thorough wash, lol.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Switched out handle bars, replaced the clutch perch, oiled and lubed all my cables and chain, added some Vortex frame sliders. Also some new mirrors to get rid of the bug antennas.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Just put on my tank grips from Techspec. Went on smoothly, no issues. The first one I bought the sticky backing came off the rubber when trying to apply. I went straight to tech spec for these and they work perfectly. Pics to come.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I am the original owner of this 2013 SFV650. I traded it in in 2017 for my Ducati Multistrada which I still have. I recently had an opportunity to get this bike back, which I did and I am continuing the modifications. The two projects since I got the bike back were the R&G Racing tail tidy and the round headlight conversion that I cobbled together with random parts. Both projects make a significant change to the look of the bike that I really like. The Givi windscreen, Corbin saddle, and Yoshimura exhaust were projects during my previous ownership.

Dave

·
Registered
74 Posts
How hard was the tail tidy to install? Going back and forth between the Evotech and the R&G.

Really nice bike man, love that headlight.

·
Registered
13 Posts
How hard was the tail tidy to install? Going back and forth between the Evotech and the R&G.

Really nice bike man, love that headlight.
I was on the same fence between the Evotech and the R&G units. Process is the same for both, but I had more success finding the R&G kit available...

Everything is really plug and play until reconnecting the the new tail light to the existing wiring. The new rear light is a generic 3 wire unit that you will have to splice back to the bike. I cut the old connector off the tail and spliced to that so there are no modifications to the bike wiring harness. Same for Evotech.

Some write-up about how the install went for me: Suzuki SFV650 Tail Tidy

Good luck,
Dave

·
Registered
74 Posts
Thank for that Dave, most helpful. I am noticing the same thing myself. It seems much easier to source a R&G than Evotech.

Good job on that write up man, very good instructions and exactly the same bike I have. One thing to note, if you need a reflector in the back. I found some license plate screws that have reflectors on the screw heads. That might satisfy your requirement for a reflector in the rear center line.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Love the look these mirrors give. Like a nice modern look with the belly pan. Pardon my messy garage btw, just moved last week.

3201 - 3211 of 3211 Posts