Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

3181 - 3200 of 3211 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
I love the heated grips on mine! I put Bike master heated grips on, rode twice with them on high and have to turn it down to about half to be comfortable. You'll probably have to grid the flanges off the throttle tube in order to fit them on.

·
Registered
61 Posts
^^looks good

I installed the +20mm seat last night and it is a welcome change! I think I would still like to get some adjustable footpegs, but the seat is a great difference maker.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Rebuilt front forks with Racetech Emulators and new springs.
Replaced rear shock with GSXR 750, and replaced exhaust with new IXIL.
Also replaced Dunlops with Michelin PR4's.
Now it handles like it's on rails.... (Put the removed Dunlops on my 2014 Honda CTX700 DCT ABS).
Also removed EVAP canister and routed extension vent hose out the back. (I'm in California, so the gas cap is NOT ventilated).
Might get Hepco & Becker C-Bow mounts. (Already have the soft side bags from my Aprilia Mana 850 GT.)

·
Registered
132 Posts
Installed my .95 sonic springs yesterday with 15wt shock oil, set the suspension properly since also installing the gsxr shock.. What a difference!

·
Registered
5,776 Posts

·
Registered
5,776 Posts
Fitted 7" round SV650 Gen 2 HL, like it was made for it.

Made two small metal straps, mounted it to stock SFV Headlight bracket, plug and play wiring.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Cleaned up some wiring and dropped her back off at the dealer to inspect the charging system. was just in a for a rectifier/regulator replacement for recall, they said the system was charging and working but isnt and are going to try and have suzuki pay for a replacement since they verified it was working when i left and gave out. Some how i dont think suzuki will cover a Generator/Stator replacement.

·
Premium Member
1,760 Posts
Road 75 miles round trip to pick up this:

Then cleaned it!

Only 275 miles left to go until my 600
mile service! Hopefully will hit that by
the weekend, so I can hit the higher RPMS!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Replaced my broken clutch lever and brake lever with a pair that I found on eBay and I'm super disappointed with them to be honest. Lots of play.

Now looking for another pair, wondering if anyone has any recommendations or I should just go with OEM levers.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Put 7 inch round led headlight.

Got it from Amazon warehouse deal (66 Cad) but had no issues or scratches.

Bracket that came with it was garbage but was somehow able to use the stock headlight mounting harness. This allows me to keep the cowl to hide wiring.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
31 Posts
Moarmoto, do you have a link to that headlight? I was thinking about doing that with mine. Is that the one with the integrated turn signals?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Broke loose the front sprocket nut, rear axle nut, and rear sprocket nuts. Broke the chain. Now just waiting for new chain and sprockets to arrive in the mail, lol. At least the hard part's done.

3181 - 3200 of 3211 Posts