Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 20 of 3212 Posts

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What you have you done to your Gladie today. Any thing interesting.

Mine was Bloody filthy after the spate of bad weather we have had over the last few days, So i give her a good scrub and clean.

Interestinly I have the habit of when i've finished washing my bike i start her up and put her in to second gear so i can spin the back wheel to get all the excess water of the chain, Today she was very reluctant to go in to second gear. I had to spin the rear wheel by hand until she would go in to second.

Had a look at the chain and it needed adjusting slightly but apart from this little hiccup i've had no bother with the gear box.

·
Registered
2,609 Posts
Pouring down with rain here too, im sure Noah will be putting in a appearance soon. Still, its the middle of winter here. Remembering some mild corrosion issues on my old SV during winter ( and Suzukis not so great finish in places), i spent some time today corrosion proofing. Got all the plastic off and oiled, greased, sprayed (marine crc), all the electrics, linkages (under the tank), rear shock, and polished with a good wax hidden painted parts...whew i feel better now. My fender extender should arrive this week which will sure help the engine front stay protected. yip yip

·
Registered
109 Posts
Installed cigarette power outlet last week. Installed Tail Tidy on Sat. and changed oil and filter this evening at 570 miles.

I love this bike.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Changed oil and filter, cleaned and lubed chain. I thought I was done for the day until my bar end mirrors and Evo tail tidy showed up. WOOO!!! I must say, Suzuki really doesn't want you to get the **** fender off. Took me maybe two hours and a lot of brute force just to get the thing off and get at the seat lock. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Changed oil and filter, cleaned and lubed chain. I thought I was done for the day until my bar end mirrors and Evo tail tidy showed up. WOOO!!! I must say, Suzuki really doesn't want you to get the **** fender off. Took me maybe two hours and a lot of brute force just to get the thing off and get at the seat lock. :rolleyes:
Welcome brizzle. What colour have you got.

1 - 20 of 3212 Posts