Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
741 - 749 of 749 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
My tribute to the 1st Katana I ever rode - GS650G.

All paint is temporary - Rustoleum Peel Coat. Peel the black and silver off and it will once again be red.

Keen to get feedback before I decide whether to make it permanent.
Looks good to me, how did you get the clean lines like towards the bottom of the side cover where it goes from silver to black. I have found the coating will peel up sometimes when removing tape.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Looks good to me, how did you get the clean lines like towards the bottom of the side cover where it goes from silver to black. I have found the coating will peel up sometimes when removing tape.

You have to take the masking tape off while the paint is wet. I generally do 7-10 coats of PEEL COAT. When I mask, I put down 4 layers of masking tape, 1 over the other and remove one layer of masking tape after every second coat.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Since this is the 'what have you done' thread, I guess I should add anther 'mod' that I've done
even though it was posted in the Suspension thread....

Here's a few pics of a GSX-R 600 rear shock replacing the stock one.

Light Automotive tire Coil spring Suspension Shock absorber

Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive design Hood Tread

T.

·
Registered
587 Posts
Since this is the 'what have you done' thread, I guess I should add anther 'mod' that I've done
even though it was posted in the Suspension thread....
Happy with the result? I put one of those GSXR600 shocks in my GSXR400 as a cheap (kinda) upgrade and also it was cheaper than getting the old 400 shock serviced. The difference in performance wasn't massive as the 400 comes with a reasonable shock stock unlike the SV.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Happy with the result? I put one of those GSXR600 shocks in my GSXR400 as a cheap (kinda) upgrade and also it was cheaper than getting the old 400 shock serviced. The difference in performance wasn't massive as the 400 comes with a reasonable shock stock unlike the SV.
Yes, the GSX models get better parts in my opinion. So as long as the 'replacement' is
not worn out, it is a good swap. I was lucky, the shock I purchased appeared like it was
basically new. Most used parts I have purchased on Ebay in the past had no 'cleanup' done
so I assume this shock was some sort of a new take-off. Maybe they replaced with Ohlins....
(just speculation though).

T.

741 - 749 of 749 Posts