Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
701 - 720 of 734 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Suzuki SV650X
21 Posts
At least in my neck of the woods they're still available: 15105 SLIP-ON LEOVINCE GP DUALS INOX MATT INOX SUZUKI SV 650 X ABS 2018+

Otherwise I would suggest Cobra Hypershots XL slip-on, as the one I installed on my gen.3 SV.

Concerning the seat, I can only vouch French manufacturer Top Sellerie: they rebuilt my seat with gel inserts for passenger and pillion rider, and it now feels great even on 6-hours rides.
You guys on the other side of the pond seem to have a lot more aftermarket support for the newer models than we do stateside. Thank you for linking me to that site with the dual gp! That cobra you're running looks real nice as well, wish they would hurry up and make something like it for the newer gen 3. IIRC you've been running it for a while, how has it broken in? Any change in tone or increase in decibel output that you've noticed?
Looks good, Corbin seat made a big difference for me along with K-Tech shock and Traxxion Dynamics AR25 fork upgrade, includes springs and oil. LED headlight replacement bulb will get you more light in a whiter shade, might help with the lighting.
The reviews on Corbin seats seem 50/50. Might try to find a local upholstery shop to re-pad and skin the OEM seat first as dropping $600 on a seat is a bit of a gamble. Either that or I need to learn how to make some riding friends, and find one with a Corbin to try out. Thank you for the recommendations on suspension!

Earlier in this thread (part of the reason i finally made an account here) others had mounted driving lights on the forks. It got me thinking about trying to fabricate some and replace the reflectors down near the tire with lights mounted there. I think it would create enough offset that people would be able to gauge my speed and distance better than just a single bright light, or a cluster of three lights really close together. Not sure on the legalities of lights mounted that low, but I suppose there's only one way to find out haha.

·
Registered
564 Posts
Thank you for linking me to that site with the dual gp! That cobra you're running looks real nice as well, wish they would hurry up and make something like it for the newer gen 3. IIRC you've been running it for a while, how has it broken in? Any change in tone or increase in decibel output that you've noticed?
Not sure what you mean with "make something like it for the newer gen.3": the Cobra I'm running is for a gen.3 (mine is a 2017 model AL7).
I haven't noticed any change in tone over the 3 years I've been running it, but I always had the DB Killer (muffler insert) installed, due to street legality reasons: here in Italy it's checked quite often by the police, you might get randomly pulled just for a check if they have the impression your bike is somewhat noisy.

If you're in the market for a dual exhaust slip-on for an SV650X, and want to buy from a USA-based shop, you might consider also IXIL Hyperlow.

Reactions: tj0

·
Registered
29 Posts
Recently got to ride my Gen3 about 500 miles in Arkansas through the Ozarks after a few upgrades over the winter from Blair Layton at SVracingparts thought I’d post a quick review.

Biggest change was Emulators and Penske rear shock with correct weight springs this was a huge change, before the front was soft and would nose dive HARD under braking and the rear was stiff and would buck you off the seat over bumps and felt light while late braking. This was a terrible combination, all of that is gone and the bike feels totally different way better over bumps and the rear feels much more planted. Best of all I feel there is still some improvement to be had here with some more adjustments from a professional in regards to ride height/rake/rear shock adjustments, will work on that with someone at my next track day.

I also did the 14 – 47t sprocket change and the bike really woke up more than I expected by looking at gearing calculator/spreadsheet, the SV already has a wide powerband but now the bike feels much faster coming out of turns and the engine braking feels better too.

Also installed his rearsets and they were a nice upgrade for comfort due to the adjustability and they are much more firm/direct feeling than the OEM parts, I am short so being able to get my feet in a better position/angle has helped in riding longer amounts of time.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Recently got to ride my Gen3 about 500 miles in Arkansas through the Ozarks after a few upgrades over the winter from Blair Layton at SVracingparts thought I’d post a quick review.

Biggest change was Emulators and Penske rear shock with correct weight springs this was a huge change, before the front was soft and would nose dive HARD under braking and the rear was stiff and would buck you off the seat over bumps and felt light while late braking. This was a terrible combination, all of that is gone and the bike feels totally different way better over bumps and the rear feels much more planted. Best of all I feel there is still some improvement to be had here with some more adjustments from a professional in regards to ride height/rake/rear shock adjustments, will work on that with someone at my next track day.

I also did the 14 – 47t sprocket change and the bike really woke up more than I expected by looking at gearing calculator/spreadsheet, the SV already has a wide powerband but now the bike feels much faster coming out of turns and the engine braking feels better too.

Also installed his rearsets and they were a nice upgrade for comfort due to the adjustability and they are much more firm/direct feeling than the OEM parts, I am short so being able to get my feet in a better position/angle has helped in riding longer amounts of time.

View attachment 57835 View attachment 57836
Details on the headlight please?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Yes Ermax Screen and custom painted wheels/bodywork.

For details on headlight see this thread.

·
Registered
933 Posts

View attachment 57835 View attachment 57836
Did you cut your Ermax screen to a custom shape or something? Because it doesn't look like these ones

·
Registered
1 Posts
Swapped out my 2017 SV650’s street clothes for a track suit. Rode it on the track yesterday at Putnam Park Road Course with Midwest Track Days. Now my only excuse is my lack of experience. Can’t blame the bike. Really liking it the more I upgrade and customize it.

Here are my mods

Hot Bodies fiberglass fairing kit
Yoshimura Alpha slip on Fart Can
Power Commander with custom map for k&n high flow air filter
k&n high flow air filter
Race Tech Gold Valve Emulators and 90kg/mm Springs with 10 wt fork oil
woodcraft clip on clamps and bars
Dunlop Sportmax Q3+ tires
Stainless Braided front Brake Lines
MZS clutch and Brake levers
Chinesium CNC Rearsets
Renthal grips
That looks amazing. I noticed that the fairing kit is for an older gen SV650 or 1000. How was the installation process. Was it all just screwed in?

·
Registered
273 Posts
Have some titanium axles on the way, the goal has been to reduce unsprung weight and rotating mass, where the weight is reduced makes a difference. Lower total weight is nice but not much impact when you're old and fat. Don't have them in hand yet but based on the weights looks like the front axle is half of stock and the rear offers a good weight savings but the Ti axle is not gun drilled like the stock so the weight savings is less. Expensive mod but from past experience saving weight in these two areas pays off. Been looking at Dymags but they will have to wait until next year. Ryan beat his time projection by a few days and has been great to work with, looking forward to a few more projects.

Ti Front axle

Stock front

Ti rear

Stock rear

Would like to say this finishes off the mods but know there will be more.

·
Registered
273 Posts
If you don't mind me asking, how much for those axels?
Had a list of things I wanted and got a total price, please reach out to Ryan at 707 Racing.com for the axle pricing. He has many other cool things for the SV and some other models. Can get a 7 ounce rotating mass reduction for $125, includes a lightened sprocket carrier and aluminum axle spacer. Add a Superlight rear sprocket at $50 for a few more ounces.

·
Registered
15 Posts
My list of mods since acquiring a 2018 SV650XA (Gen3):

• Yoshimura Alpha-T Stainless Exhaust System with Db Killer
  • Yoshimura LED front and rear sequential turn signals
  • OEM Frame Sliders
  • OEM LED Fog Lights (only available in Europe)
  • Driven Brake Reservoir
  • Driven Grips
  • Rhino Bar-ends for CRG Mirrors
  • CRG Hindsight Lanesplitter Bar-end Mirrors
  • ASV C5 Brake & Clutch Levers
  • R&G Stainless Rad Guard
  • R&G Fender Eliminator
  • SW-Motech Stainless Chain Guard
  • SW-Motech Stainless Rad Side Guards
  • SW-Motech Stainless Front Wheel Gaurd
  • SW-Motech Headlight Protector
  • SW-Motech SCL Luggage System
  • SW-Motech Urban ABS Side Luggages (Brand new)
  • SW-Motech Urban ABS Top Case System
  • SW-Motech Urban ABS Top Case
  • Healtech Electronics Brake Like Pro (BLP-U01)
  • Healtech ThunderBox Unio (TB-U02)
  • Health ThunderBox Chargers x 3 (TB-USB1)
  • Xenondepot H4 LED Headlight bulb

Water Tire Wheel Plant Fuel tank

Tire Wheel Fuel tank Automotive fuel system Automotive lighting

Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Motor vehicle

·
Registered
84 Posts
SV Mods
Lithium battery
GPR Albus slip on exhaust
Vagabond tail tidy
Woodcraft frame sliders