Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
681 - 700 of 734 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Just installed the Scorpion Serket Parallel today (in titanium). Running it with the internal baffle in, and the baffle at the exhaust tip out. Took it out for a short ride today, no popping on decel and bike seems to rev more freely now.

There may be a slight performance gain with the Serket Taper, but I preferred the looks of the Parallel system. I've had Scorpion exhausts on my other bike, definitely recommended them to anyone else. Sounds great, even with the one baffle still in and I'm sure my neighbors will appreciate that.

Reactions: Kiwi Rider

·
Registered
87 Posts

·
Registered
564 Posts
Yeah, I meant gain in the opposite sense: you gain by loosing a pound over the stock muffler.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Yeah @Devils the radiator shrouds, belly pan, and rear fender/chain guard are Ermax. I've thought about those from Motech as well, if you do, please post up pictures! Might help in my decision haha. So for the headlight ring, I had already disassembled my headlight bucket to upgrade to a brighter led since I get caught riding at night more often than not lol. Basically though, remove the ring, wash it well with soap, dry, then you just put down 3-5 coats of plastidip, and preferably 2-3 coats of clear to keep it lasting longer.
With anything plastidipped, be careful reinstalling. Mine held up to riding for several months, but it's still easy to accidentally mess it up if you're rushing.
I always fit extra driving lights on my bikes. The standard headlights on most bikes just aren't good enough. I use small Superbright LEDs. They're well made and inexpensive, though the latest ones have wierd cables.

·
Registered
4 Posts
GSXR front end, Robem triples, Robem shock link, Ktech DDS Pro shock from Velocity Calibrations, aluminum subframe, MA spec superbike motor north of 90hp, custom airbox, etc etc etc..
MOTORCOP1104 - what year gsxr did you swap your front with? any challenges? Trying to do either cartridges route but would prefer to swap the entire front end.

·
Registered
4 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Suzuki SV650X
21 Posts
The list is short for now:

• Yoshimura fender delete
  • Woodcraft Frame Sliders
  • Shodan swingarm sliders
  • Amazon special brake and clutch levers (dropped the bike, twice -- separate incidents, bent both levers)
  • Techspec tank pads

I know this is a thread of have-done, not want-to-do, but now for the wants/plans.

I really wanted a LeoVince Dual GP slip-on and the budget wasn't accommodating till now. And of course, now everywhere I look it appears that LeoVince has discontinued them for these, so I'm on the hunt for a next-best slip-on -- recommendations welcome!

Also have my eye on suspension since this thing rides like a Honda on cheap ebay coilovers, a seat to replace the torture device Suzuki put on these OEM, more lights because people keep trying to kill me, and something to redirect the wind just a bit more as I'm tired of my head doin' the bobble head at 80mph on the freeway.

·
Registered
564 Posts
I really wanted a LeoVince Dual GP slip-on and the budget wasn't accommodating till now. And of course, now everywhere I look it appears that LeoVince has discontinued them for these, so I'm on the hunt for a next-best slip-on -- recommendations welcome!
At least in my neck of the woods they're still available: 15105 SLIP-ON LEOVINCE GP DUALS INOX MATT INOX SUZUKI SV 650 X ABS 2018+

Otherwise I would suggest Cobra Hypershots XL slip-on, as the one I installed on my gen.3 SV.

Concerning the seat, I can only vouch French manufacturer Top Sellerie: they rebuilt my seat with gel inserts for passenger and pillion rider, and it now feels great even on 6-hours rides.

Reactions: tj0

·
Registered
273 Posts
The list is short for now:

• Yoshimura fender delete
  • Woodcraft Frame Sliders
  • Shodan swingarm sliders
  • Amazon special brake and clutch levers (dropped the bike, twice -- separate incidents, bent both levers)
  • Techspec tank pads

I know this is a thread of have-done, not want-to-do, but now for the wants/plans.

Also have my eye on suspension since this thing rides like a Honda on cheap ebay coilovers, a seat to replace the torture device Suzuki put on these OEM, more lights because people keep trying to kill me, and something to redirect the wind just a bit more as I'm tired of my head doin' the bobble head at 80mph on the freeway.

View attachment 57598
Looks good, Corbin seat made a big difference for me along with K-Tech shock and Traxxion Dynamics AR25 fork upgrade, includes springs and oil. LED headlight replacement bulb will get you more light in a whiter shade, might help with the lighting.

681 - 700 of 734 Posts