Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

641 - 656 of 656 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Re: SV650 Gen 3 What have you done?

This is my 2017 SV650 as of a few months ago, I've done a few more things to it since that aren't shown in these pictures.
I have:
Vortex Clip Ons
Yoshimura Alpha slip on exhaust
Vagabonds fender eliminator
Ebay bar end mirrors(not in picture)
Vortex blue swingarm spools(not in picture)

In the works-
GSXR rear shock(I have one., just waiting to put it on)
Front suspension(undecided if I want to go Traxxion or GSXR forks)
decat pipe
rear sets
projector headlight
upper triple without handlebar mounts.

h
Re: SV650 Gen 3 What have you done?

This is my 2017 SV650 as of a few months ago, I've done a few more things to it since that aren't shown in these pictures.
I have:
Vortex Clip Ons
Yoshimura Alpha slip on exhaust
Vagabonds fender eliminator
Ebay bar end mirrors(not in picture)
Vortex blue swingarm spools(not in picture)

In the works-
GSXR rear shock(I have one., just waiting to put it on)
Front suspension(undecided if I want to go Traxxion or GSXR forks)
decat pipe
rear sets
projector headlight
upper triple without handlebar mounts.
How’s the ergonomics with the clip ons? How’s it changed in terms of handling. Will it make longer ride unbearable or can you tough it out?

·
Registered
64 Posts
Added Tourmaster Elite saddlebags and Givi Universal Airflow adjustable windscreen. Now I'm able to pack all my gear for camping trips and adjust the screen when things warm up during the day.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I'm a new rider I've had my MC license less than 22days =). I have a 2019 SV650 ABS. Most of my mods have been the low hanging fruit. I got the bike a week before I could ride it =/ so the only thing I could do was add mods.

Since I'm new, I'll add my initial gear too =)
  • New HJC RPHA 90 ($450)
  • New Street and Steel denim pants ($120)
  • Used First Gear Mesh Jacket w/liner and gloves($80)
  • Used Street and Steel boots ($30)
  • just ordered Joe Rocket Phoenix 6.0 jacket ($160)
My first mod was to add Shogun Frame sliders. After I was able to ride I added the following:
  • USB and Battery Tender
  • Anti glare gauge cluster screen protector
  • Quad Lock phone holder
  • MRA windscreen (best mod so far) (F Day Gift)
  • MZS adj clutch levers - these work, but not well made. I will probably change them out (F Day Gift)
  • Denali SoundBomb horn - I have to make a bracket to mount it (F Day Gift)
  • LED bulb. waiting to arrive (F Day Gift)
  • Ear plugs - $13
  • Convex blind spot mirrors $10
Oh almost forgot. Since I bought this bike used I had to get the following
  • Owners Manual $20
  • Extra Keys (4) $20
  • Suzuki key fob - 2 for $13
Wish list:
  • panier racks/soft bags
  • heated grips
  • Aux lights
  • leather jacket =)
  • bluetooth - when I get riding buddies =)
IMG_3688.jpg IMG_3686.jpg IMG_3696.jpg

·
Registered
21 Posts
I'm a new rider I've had my MC license less than 22days =). I have a 2019 SV650 ABS. Most of my mods have been the low hanging fruit. I got the bike a week before I could ride it =/ so the only thing I could do was add mods.

Since I'm new, I'll add my initial gear too =)
  • New HJC RPHA 90 ($450)
  • New Street and Steel denim pants ($120)
  • Used First Gear Mesh Jacket w/liner and gloves($80)
  • Used Street and Steel boots ($30)
  • just ordered Joe Rocket Phoenix 6.0 jacket ($160)
My first mod was to add Shogun Frame sliders. After I was able to ride I added the following:
  • USB and Battery Tender
  • Anti glare gauge cluster screen protector
  • Quad Lock phone holder
  • MRA windscreen (best mod so far) (F Day Gift)
  • MZS adj clutch levers - these work, but not well made. I will probably change them out (F Day Gift)
  • Denali SoundBomb horn - I have to make a bracket to mount it (F Day Gift)
  • LED bulb. waiting to arrive (F Day Gift)
  • Ear plugs - $13
  • Convex blind spot mirrors $10
Oh almost forgot. Since I bought this bike used I had to get the following
  • Owners Manual $20
  • Extra Keys (4) $20
  • Suzuki key fob - 2 for $13
Wish list:
  • panier racks/soft bags
  • heated grips
  • Aux lights
  • leather jacket =)
  • bluetooth - when I get riding buddies =)
View attachment 54076 View attachment 54078 View attachment 54079
Congrats! Great choice for a first bike - the SV is such a versatile platform to do what you like. I love this thread to see how everyone else makes it their own. Then, looking at our two posts side by side, same bike, same model year and same colour, but with a different purpose in mind to do what we want - exemplifies it!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Congrats! Great choice for a first bike - the SV is such a versatile platform to do what you like. I love this thread to see how everyone else makes it their own. Then, looking at our two posts side by side, same bike, same model year and same colour, but with a different purpose in mind to do what we want - exemplifies it!
Yeah, I'm really enjoying the bike. As a newbie, I'm just trying to get the ergos right and get better at riding. I haven't figured out what kind of rider I am yet :). I've put 900mi in the 29days I've had the bike mostly street/parking lot riding. I did 1 long freeway ride (20mi) to my work...not going to lie..it was scary. I have my emergency braking down pretty good and finally figured out swerving right w/o blipping throttle.

Although in the beggining the throttle on the SV made me anxious, I'm glad I didn't go with a lower cc bike. I like the versitality and the ability to grow with this bike.

...that seat is nice!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Yeah, I'm really enjoying the bike. As a newbie, I'm just trying to get the ergos right and get better at riding. I haven't figured out what kind of rider I am yet :). I've put 900min in the 29days I've had the bike mostly street/parking lot riding. I did 1 long freeway ride (20mi) to my work...not going to lie..it was scary. I have my emergency braking down pretty good and finally figured out swerving right w/o blipping throttle.

Although in the beggining the throttle on the SV made me anxious, I'm glad I didn't go with a lower cc bike. I like the versitality and the ability to grow with this bike.

...that seat is nice!
Nice, sounds like great progress! I found that reducing throttle cable free play helped me with jerkiness at low revs. Yeah freeways can be pretty scary, especially around major urban centres. From my experience riding on the freeways around Toronto, it's a matter of always being acutely aware of what's going on around you, putting yourself in the safest position/lane at all times, maintaining a safe distance, avoiding the idiots, keeping a good line of sight, riding marginally faster than the majority of the traffic around you etc... Keeping a good line of sight is sooo important IMO - in my time I've seen a ladder, an armchair, a steel beam, rebar, wood pallet and just today, a lawnmower in the fast lane (!!!) lying on the freeway. Morning commute was almost always totally fine for me - evening commute less predictable - lots of tired, cranky, aggressive drivers.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Just picked up my 2019 SV650X a couple of days ago. So far added fender eliminator and radiator guard to it. M4 full exhaust is on its way as well as R&G crash protection bits.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Just picked up my 2019 SV650X a couple of days ago. So far added fender eliminator and radiator guard to it. M4 full exhaust is on its way as well as R&G crash protection bits.
They sound awesome with the full M4, I've got one on my '20 model. Kinda on the loud side though. I got mine for racing so it doesn't matter but I think as a road bike I would consider/try a dB killer. I see a screw hole there for attaching one but it I didn't get one in the box with mine. Also... The full M4 system made my bike very rich at the top end of the rev range. I wouldnt have known this though unless I had taken it to a dyno tuner.

·
Registered
9 Posts
They sound awesome with the full M4, I've got one on my '20 model. Kinda on the loud side though. I got mine for racing so it doesn't matter but I think as a road bike I would consider/try a dB killer. I see a screw hole there for attaching one but it I didn't get one in the box with mine. Also... The full M4 system made my bike very rich at the top end of the rev range. I wouldnt have known this though unless I had taken it to a dyno tuner.
Thanks for the info. I will try it without the dB killer for now. M4 actually makes two inserts (one is quieter than the other) for this muffler so I'll decide which one to go with once I ride it. I don't want it obnoxiously loud, but don't mind some noise.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Thanks for the info. I will try it without the dB killer for now. M4 actually makes two inserts (one is quieter than the other) for this muffler so I'll decide which one to go with once I ride it. I don't want it obnoxiously loud, but don't mind some noise.
Have a 2017 with the M4 full system no inserts. I dont find it loud at all (unless at WOT).
I think it sounds good. So it'll be subjective for each person as to the sound level
and tone....

T.

641 - 656 of 656 Posts