Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

601 - 617 of 617 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Next on the list for me is to sell the Harley (it was barely scratched in the spill) and then save up for an exhaust and LED headlight for the SV. Will post more pics when this is done (most likely over the winter).

·
Registered
924 Posts
@VA_SV1K oddly enough so did I crash my sv650 in May, pretty much wrote the whole front off, have since had it repaired and I got up and walked away from it with minor damage.

·
Registered
24 Posts
@Devils - I hope you're okay. I had to have surgery but it was minor. So I ordered a rear axle slider from evo tech performance and some new bar ends from sato racing. Will be installing those soon. Next mod will be the LED headlight from Motodemic. Next spring, full exhaust!

Safe riding!

·
Registered
24 Posts
@Devils - I hope you're okay. I had to have surgery but it was minor. So I ordered a rear axle slider from evo tech performance and some new bar ends from sato racing. Will be installing those soon. Next mod will be the LED headlight from Motodemic. Next spring, full exhaust!

Safe riding!

·
Registered
924 Posts
@VA_SV1K like I said I literally got up and walked away, I had a sore swollen knee for weeks on end, I had full leather gear on but did not have knee protectors in the pants coz they were kinda budget pants and uncomfy with them in. Ive since bought a full set of Alpinestars riding gear, leather pants, jacket, gloves, boots, Shoei X14 helmet, not that my helmet took any impact I just decided that it was high time as I'd been at a higher paying job for a year that I bought some high quality riding gears. Went off on a tangent there, with regard to my knee, it can't take the lateral stress as much as it used to while taking a corner in a lean.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Greetings fellas, new owner of this 2019 SV650 from New Zealand. Picked it up with 1,800kms on it at a sizable discount from new. Looking forward to ownership of this awesome bike!

·
Registered
924 Posts
@Devils Based in Hamilton, you?
Wanganui. On the weeks of December 2nd to December 15th I'm taking time off work and have planned to meet up with a friend who is an SV650 rider who is moving to Hamilton and then we will be meeting up with a new friend, also an SV650 rider and doing the Coromandel loop, would you be interested in joining us? It would most likely be during the week as opposed to the weekend.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Wanganui. On the weeks of December 2nd to December 15th I'm taking time off work and have planned to meet up with a friend who is an SV650 rider who is moving to Hamilton and then we will be meeting up with a new friend, also an SV650 rider and doing the Coromandel loop, would you be interested in joining us? It would most likely be during the week as opposed to the weekend.
I'll let you know, but I likely won't be able to due to my work being super busy that time of year, as I'm on the road for events etc. Sounds like a good trip though! BTW, what type of hugger do you have Devils?

·
Registered
924 Posts
I'll let you know, but I likely won't be able to due to my work being super busy that time of year, as I'm on the road for events etc. Sounds like a good trip though! BTW, what type of hugger do you have Devils?
Well, that new friend I was talking about, someone in a car pulled out on him a couple weeks ago I found out today, and his bikes not going to be fixed any time soon.

·
Registered
68 Posts
On my new-to-me 2017 I installed an '08 R6 master cylinder and went to stainless steel brake lines while I was at it. I don't think the stainless lines did anything, but the R6 master cylinder really helped eliminate the feeling that I had to add a lot more force to decelerate a little more quickly. Once the stock pads wear out and I replace them with something possessing good initial bite the brakes will be great.*

*By great I mean confidence inspiring and more than I need on a 75 horsepower canyon carver. This will not transform your brakes into a $1.5k Brembo big piston caliper set with a RCS master cylinder.

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
GSXR front end, Robem triples, Robem shock link, Ktech DDS Pro shock from Velocity Calibrations, aluminum subframe, MA spec superbike motor north of 90hp, custom airbox, etc etc etc..

601 - 617 of 617 Posts