Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 20 of 615 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I probably don't fit in with the majority of SV riders. I like long extended rides and carrying all my camping gear. I came off dual sports and ADV bikes and have been riding for about 43 years. The SV motor is one of my all time favorites, that along with a fairly upright seating position, low weight, minimal plastic and great aesthetics make the perfect bike for me. More then 45hp and less then 90hp is perfect for my riding. I don't enjoy commuting, freeways or canyon racing but love to get away from traffic and people and take all the backroads and highways that are less traveled and go camping along the way with friends. Thought I would share some of the additions I have added (farkles) to my new SV. Still pretty limited on what I could find. I am used to a KLR, DR, DRZ or V Strom that have endless aftermarket support.

SW Motech Blaze Saddlebags:

Rear View SW Motech Blaze Saddlebags

BikeMaster Heated Grips. (fit excellent for a 17 SV650)

Puig Stream Windscreen:

Stebel Air Horn (center of picture) A must for all my bikes. The Stebel has saved me a number of times, instead of me being a hood ornament

Side View

·
Registered
33 Posts
Re: SV650 Gen 3 What have you done?

This is my 2017 SV650 as of a few months ago, I've done a few more things to it since that aren't shown in these pictures.
I have:
Vortex Clip Ons
Yoshimura Alpha slip on exhaust
Vagabonds fender eliminator
Ebay bar end mirrors(not in picture)
Vortex blue swingarm spools(not in picture)

In the works-
GSXR rear shock(I have one., just waiting to put it on)
Front suspension(undecided if I want to go Traxxion or GSXR forks)
decat pipe
rear sets
projector headlight
upper triple without handlebar mounts.

·
Registered
32 Posts

pigeonlegs, have you noticed a drop in gas mileage with the slip on exhaust? I thought about getting one but I also really like the 60mpg that I'm getting with the stock setup.

·
Registered
33 Posts

pigeonlegs, have you noticed a drop in gas mileage with the slip on exhaust? I thought about getting one but I also really like the 60mpg that I'm getting with the stock setup.
I got my slip on 2 weeks after I got the bike so it is somewhat hard to tell. But right now I get an average of 42 riding around the city and 54 cruising on the highway.

My riding habits aren't the most fuel efficiency oriented though. I usually accelerate pretty fast from stops and I also have the baffle removed from the muffler.

·
Registered
32 Posts

That makes sense, not a huge drop in mileage it looks like. For touring I'm looking at getting a windscreen and the OP Puig screen looks pretty nice! How well does it work is the question? I had a Vstrom and I couldn't stand the choppy air that would hit my helmet so I went with the naked sv to get a smooth stream of air all over my body instead. I was looking at the Plexifairing GT which seems like it would work great, has anybody had experience with that windscreen?

·
Registered
3 Posts

I have CRG Lanesplitter bar end mirrors, the Suzuki roll top seat, and a Mustang fender eliminator fitted to my SV650A 2016/7. Next step will likely be a projector light - need better lights on this bike as we have kangaroos and wombats roaming on my late night commutes from work...

·
Registered
29 Posts

I have CRG Lanesplitter bar end mirrors, the Suzuki roll top seat, and a Mustang fender eliminator fitted to my SV650A 2016/7. Next step will likely be a projector light - need better lights on this bike as we have kangaroos and wombats roaming on my late night commutes from work...
Hey mate, do you have any photos of the bar end mirrors installed? How does it work with the factory mirrors as they are connected to everything else on the handlebars, do you need replacement clip ons or something?

Sorry for a million questions haha only just started riding.

·
Greetings Program
6,272 Posts

The stock mirrors just unscrew from the mounts, leaving a threaded hole. The bar-end mirrors either slip in and use an expanding friction mount (tubular bars), or bolt directly in place of bar end weights (most clip ons).

·
Registered
7 Posts

here's some pics of different bar ends. They're bikemaster bar end mirrors.

Here's how my bike is right now.

I dropped it so one of the mirrors broke. So far I have :
  • Renthal Ultra Low bars and bar ends
  • Bikemaster bar end mirrors
  • Ebay shorty clutch/brake levers
  • Givi top mount rack
  • Evotech tail tidy
  • R&G aero turn signals
  • Motosliders frame sliders
  • Suzuki Roll seat
Slip on exhaust will be next.

·
Registered
74 Posts

Put the Suzuki tail back on as fed up getting covered in muck at the slightest sign of rain. A top box helps keep the back of the jacket even cleaner!

·
Registered
4 Posts

I like the clip on bars some of you have on your bikes, hows the handling? Also the suzuki roll seat looks nice.
My 2017 sv650 mods: speedmetal bar end mirrors
vagabond tail tidy
R&G frame sliders
took the rear Sv stickers off
givi A3111 windscreen (i think looks good and functions good)
The exhaust came on the bike when i bought it, seems to be a
Danmoto exhaust not made for my year SV but the previous
owner figured out how to mount it. It is a full exhaust but im
not sure what brand the pipes are, also not made for my year
SV. The big problem i see is that the O2 sensor can not be
hooked up so there is a check engine light on with a F1 error
code. I will be putting the old pipes back on with a slip on.

http://imgur.com/a/Datzy

·
Registered
4 Posts

The windscreen mounts with two bolts on each side were the top triple tree clamps on the forks, it also stabilizes itself by a half circle going around the actual fork. heres a video i put up not to long ago it shows the mounts.

A question for the 3rd gen owners. I want to put a set of adjustable levers on the bike and it seems like theres not a ton of aftermarket stuff for the 2017 SV. Will aftermarket levers for the SFV fit the new SV650?

·
Premium Member
1,746 Posts

Judging from your video, I would say the
levers should work.

I can't get to my bike right now because
I have it, and both Jeeps in the garage.
It's pretty tight in there, no room to walk.
(severe thunderstorms, with a possibility of hail)
I can get detailed pics of both levers for
you tomorrow. Mine are still stock, but at
least you'll get the picture.

·
Registered
7 Posts

A question for the 3rd gen owners. I want to put a set of adjustable levers on the bike and it seems like theres not a ton of aftermarket stuff for the 2017 SV. Will aftermarket levers for the SFV fit the new SV650?
I have a pair of non-adjustable ebay ones that fit fine. I'm sure the adjustable ones on ebay should fit fine too.

·
Registered
7 Posts

the givi windshield seems to fit the bike really well. I might have to pick one up as my next mod.

1 - 20 of 615 Posts