Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking into getting fully faired.  I like the one that RedAggie has, but I would like to find one that covers the motor a little bit more.  I would like to find one that will bolt up with the stock fairing.  I like the ones that sharkfins have but from what I understand the stock gauge cluster wont work with it.  http://www.sharkskinz.com/nojava.htm
Any help will be greatly appreciated............................Lee

I have a K5 650S............Also I have noticed that the sv1000 has a 180 rear. Will the 1000 wheel fit on a 650. Thanks everyone.

·
Registered
571 Posts
and why will the sharkskins street upper/lower not work with the stock gauges? in their own pics you can see the black "dash" part that is on the svs. if that work then i would have to assume that the gauges will work.

you could just email sharkskins and ask them if they work or not.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Jarel how difficult was the swap and about how much did you spend. Are those oem gsxr fairings or aftermarket? The bike looks good. I thought that I read somewhere that the gauges wouldnt fit with the sharkskinz fairings. I did a search but really couldnt find the answer that I was looking for.................Lee

·
Registered
536 Posts
Yup. That's what I say every time I look at my naked beauty. "Full fairings? What full fairings?" ;D

·
Registered
505 Posts
bigdogs_sv said:
Jarel how difficult was the swap and about how much did you spend.  Are those oem gsxr fairings or aftermarket?  The bike looks good.  I thought that I read somewhere that the gauges wouldnt fit with the sharkskinz fairings.  I did a search but really couldnt find the answer that I was looking for.................Lee
This is a bike we built for a customer. Fairly difficult, it took custom fabricated brackets and that sort of thing. It's a GP Composites GSX-R1000/SV race bodywork kit, a GSX-R fairing stay and headlight/taillight. We used the stock SV gauges but had to make a custom gauge mounting bracket. If you wanted to just do the bodywork/lights/gauges and not all of the other things like the GSX-R front end, GSX-R rear wheel, SVRaceShop rear shock, etc. you'd probably be in the $3000 range

·
Registered
935 Posts
I just ordered a set of uppers/lowers from kgcycles.com. I dont know what to think yet. Im prepping them as we speak. They will get fitted next weekend and probably mopped some time in the near future, Ill keep you fellas posted.

Oh yeah its on 03 S and shes gonna be a sexy beast, just incase you were wondering.

·
Registered
166 Posts
wonderjosh said:
$3k for some frickin bodywork? ...
i'm with you on this one, yeah it looks good, but why have a bike that looks like a GSX-R but isn't, shoulda just got a GSX-R

·
Registered
203 Posts
That Guy said:
Because it looks like a gsxr, but it isnt. Thats reason enough to have one.
If you want a fully faird v-twin that all the stuntas like, why don't you just buy a tl,rc51,or just accept the fact that u saved a few grand and bought a sv. Even the worst of my stunta friends admit a sv looks best naked and the svs looks better with a belly pan than a full fairing. I'm joking...do whatever u want to your sv, that is 100% of why most of us bought one in the first place ;D

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

·
Registered
935 Posts
dementiaseven said:
If you want a fully faird v-twin that all the stuntas like, why don't you just buy a tl,rc51,or just accept the fact that u saved a few grand and bought a sv. Even the worst of my stunta friends admit a sv looks best naked and the svs looks better with a belly pan than a full fairing. I'm joking...do whatever u want to your sv, that is 100% of why most of us bought one in the first place ;D
hahah ahhh snap I was about to smack the taste out of your mouth.........ya got me on that one. LOL Anyway yes that is the beauty of the sv, and mine will look different in its new spring time full fairing apparel.

·
Registered
3,399 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Stock guages do work with Sharkskinz. The install is extremely simple. Couldn't be any easier. You could put your stock fairing on e-bay and make some extra $$ for the sweet look of the full fairing. Any questions you have or for pics of my Sharkskinz, PM me.

·
Registered
26 Posts
1 - 19 of 19 Posts