Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What else do I need in addition to the rearsets to make the Vortex units work with my '07? Past threads aren't very clear. Some say you need the pressure switch, some say you don't. Some say you need longer brake line, some say you don't... Anything else?

Any clarification would be appreciated!

·
Registered
3,509 Posts
You don't need the pressure switch but the brake light will not light up when you press only the rear brake of you do not use it. You also shouldn't need a longer brake line. Maybe for one of the settings you'd need a longer brake line but on my '05 I can use all the settings without a longer line.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the replay.

Re: Pressure switch, I dont "need" it, but if I want a functioning rear brake light, I want it. I want the brake light. There are two switches listed on the Vortex website, RS100 with 10mm x 1.25 pitch thread and RS200 with 10mm x 1.00 pitch thread. Which do I need for an '07 bike? Anyone have a pic of the pressure switch installed?

Re: Brake line, can anyone confirm a longer brake line is not needed? It seems a lot of people have install problems and need a longer rear brake line. Why do they have this issue? Is it only on certain year bikes or with certain (eg. lower, further back) adjustment of the rearset?

·
Registered
3,897 Posts
I definitely need a longer rear line, its for piece of mind and for hoping that it never snaps, and for $40 for a steel braided longer line, you can't go wrong. So let me clarify, you DONT need a longer rear line, BUT it is recommended at some point because there's a lot of tension on the line itself. I saw this on my 2003 and on my friends 2007.

I also installed the brake switch, it was very simple to do, but you need to bleed the rear brake again. If you order through ridersdiscount hell give you a great price and he also sells the switch for a little more $

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I definitely need a longer rear line, its for piece of mind and for hoping that it never snaps, and for $40 for a steel braided longer line, you can't go wrong. So let me clarify, you DONT need a longer rear line, BUT it is recommended at some point because there's a lot of tension on the line itself. I saw this on my 2003 and on my friends 2007.

I also installed the brake switch, it was very simple to do, but you need to bleed the rear brake again. If you order through ridersdiscount hell give you a great price and he also sells the switch for a little more $
Thanks for the reply. Is it worth it to do a SS line on the front at the same time as well? Im not sure if the brakes are all one system or if front/rear are separate. If they are all one system, I might as well do a front SS line as well (which would be the real beneficial one anyway). Also, could you point me to a link for the rear SS line I would need? Thanks!

·
Registered
3,897 Posts
Thanks for the reply. Is it worth it to do a SS line on the front at the same time as well? Im not sure if the brakes are all one system or if front/rear are separate. If they are all one system, I might as well do a front SS line as well (which would be the real beneficial one anyway). Also, could you point me to a link for the rear SS line I would need? Thanks!
I did the SS lines in the front, I have yet to order the rear. The systems are separate.

For the rear line just take a measurement of the current line, and add another inch or so and you should be fine. Check the galfer site (or whatever lines you decide to use), or talk with ridersdiscount on the forum and get some prices.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I did the SS lines in the front, I have yet to order the rear. The systems are separate.

For the rear line just take a measurement of the current line, and add another inch or so and you should be fine. Check the galfer site (or whatever lines you decide to use), or talk with ridersdiscount on the forum and get some prices.
Im actually taking this to a shop to have everything installed, so I wont be able to measure the stock line and order a longer one. Id like to get all the parts I need, bring it to them and have the shop install everything.

I actually have the rearsets ordered already ($300 on amazon, it's so low Im kinda skeptical), but any idea which pressure switch I need (RS100 with 10mm x 1.25 pitch thread and RS200 with 10mm x 1.00 pitch thread) for an '07?.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for the help, all. Rearsets on and working well.

Two questions regarding shifter and brake adjustments...

1. Is it possible to lower the angle of the shifter (e.g. bring it closer to horizontal)? Right now it is pointed towards the ground a bit too much for my liking.

2. I have to push the Vortex brake pedal further to engage the rear brake than I did with the stock pedal. Is there a way to adjust the travel so the rear brake engages with less movement of the lever?

Thanks!

·
Registered
2,558 Posts
1. Yes, the threaded rod that connects the shift pedal to the shift shaft can be let out/in on both sides to adjust the height of the shifter
2. Where the rear master cylinder connects to the brake pedal there's a threaded rod with nuts for adjusting the height of the pedal. Make sure there isn't a bunch of play where the pedal connects to the m/c. Does the pedal feel mushy?

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Another question, I have the rearsets in the furthest back and down position and they are still higher than stock and a bit uncomfortable (I have messed up hips...). Can the mounting brackets be flipped/swapped so I can position them further down and back?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts