Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well I'm looking around for an sv650 (posted once before) and have come across some... My main question is what is a good price for a good condition one? Cause honestly I haven't known whether or not I should jump on deals or not for the fact that I don't know if it's a deal or not.... :-\ anyways... I've seen a black 02 sv650 for $3250 (i'd probably get this but it's too far away) and there's a 02 yellow sv650 that I'm very fond of for $3200. it's been modified a little and I really really like it actually. and I normally hate yellow. pic is below:

aftermarket fairings - air tech. I actually really like that look cause it almost looks like a 600rr or something. though the stock exhaust though makes baby jesus cry :'( original price was $3700 and he dropped to $3200? hit it or wait for something else...? oh and only 6050 miles on it....

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
bump for some answers...

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
i personally think you should be looking in the 2700-3k range. i think he's trying to get some extra money from the aftermarket parts, which don't really add value unless it's exactly what you're looking for.

that said, if it's worth that money to you, go for it.

those fairings do look pretty sweet!

·
Registered
127 Posts
seems like a pretty good deal to me. what was it originally, an s or naked model? and do the original parts come with it?  i feel these help make the bike more legitimate, make me feel better about buyin something thats been modified.

as for the the condition and miles it seems good to me. but i recommend you take it for a quick spin before you buy just to make sure everything is on the level. good luck

but something about that suzuki "S" on the front of the bike... it makes my eyes bleed... ;D

·
Premium Member
480 Posts
EngineNoO9 said:
and I normally hate yellow. pic is below:
And for that comment I smite thee! (Oh wait- no more Karma. Oh well) The fairings look wicked. I never did like the "bubbly" look of the 1st gen s models. The price is kinda high. How many miles?

·
Premium Member
480 Posts

·
Registered
10,246 Posts
stranger said:
yeah, he said that in the original post.

welcome back!
Ahem, I suppose I still have reading issues. ;D

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
stranger said:
i personally think you should be looking in the 2700-3k range. i think he's trying to get some extra money from the aftermarket parts, which don't really add value unless it's exactly what you're looking for.

that said, if it's worth that money to you, go for it.

those fairings do look pretty sweet!
well tbh I would absolutely LOVE to find a sv for less then 3k.... I haven't seen one yet other then wrecked ones needing a bit of work... I wouldn't mind having to put in some work but not too much... and where are you finding these for so cheap?? basically I'd take anything but red or yellow... I'm not a fan of those in naked or S form

also this wasn't an S model from what I was told. The fairings kinda make it look like an f4 almost. And is the only real way I like yellow (fully faired)... I probably won't get it cause I'm not sure I'd be 100% satisified cause I'd have to put another abotu $300 in for exhaust then more to get the carbs synced again

CN: the idea that I can find an sv with exhaust in running order for less then $3k will probably keep my away from this bike...

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
for whoever asked. it has 6050 miles on it. new k&N, and just regular oil changes...

·
Premium Member
3,557 Posts
3200 isn't bad for an '02 in good condition, low miles.

You could hunt for another year and not find another.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
well see I wouldn't mind having a 00 or 01 either... I'll have to think about this... how much is a slip on exhaust so it won't sound like a lawnmower anymore??

·
Registered
64 Posts
EngineNoO9 said:
well see I wouldn't mind having a 00 or 01 either... I'll have to think about this... how much is a slip on exhaust so it won't sound like a lawnmower anymore??
I think it looks like a nice bike. If I didn't already have one and if I didn't like nakeds more I would get it. I think you could just remove the baffle in the stock exhaust to make it sound better but I could be wrong about that.....very very wrong :-\ Good luck with your decision.

·
Registered
836 Posts
$3200 isn't bad for an 02 with about 6k miles. It's just a question of whether the fairings are worth it to you. It still has the original handlebars, which just look kind of weird with those fairings, too me at least ;). I would go check it out in person, and if it looks good, and everything is solid, I say go for it.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
actually the bars are a lil lower then stock because stock ones will hit the fairings. however clip ons with that style would be prefered... yeah i'm not too sure tbh. I really like naked bikes but the thought of a fairing to keep all the bugs out of my face is kinda nice. ;D

·
Registered
397 Posts
yeah i was looking at that bike too, too bad it's yellow and i've already bought my sv :-D I saw this fairing on sale through ebay that i really liked. Instead of the oem fairings for the 1st gen with all the holes and curves, this one is one flat piece with one hole on the side...it was just nice and smooth all the way down...I woulda gotten it, but its a pain in the ass to get it installed. It comes in pure fiberglass form, unpainted, un drilled, NOTHING...then you have to fit the brackets, and drill the holes your self, and paint it...blah too much work :-D

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.