Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I am new just had my 05 SV650 for 2 months and about the same on the site. Question 1 is it worth it to replace front forks with GSXR 600 and rear spring I am about 185 lbs. I hear all this talk about it being the Bee's knees and also should i convert to a 520 14f 45r chain I am not trying to stunt the bike would like a little more top end though since I have purchase the bike I have done the snorkel thing and put a two brothers M-2 slipon on. Senior guys please tell me what is a must to have a good responsive bike in the turns and just an all around fun bike thanks to everybody for helping me out remember I am a rookie so don't bust my nards to hard.

·
Banned Member
4,562 Posts
Get some more miles under your belt before you start messing with that crap (assuming that 8100 miles is what is on the bike and hard to do in 2 months). Once you grow into the bike and start to realize how and where you want an improvement, you won't need us to answer, "what mods should I do," or, "is this particular mod good for me?"

We can't help you with "why" and "when," but have vast experience in "how."

·
Registered
2,849 Posts
+1 to silvers

Just take your time with it. I rode for about 4 months and put a few thousand miles on it before I decided to touch the suspension. In a few months you'll know what is lacking and how you would like the bike to handle, then you'll have a better idea of what springs/oil/shocks you'll want to get.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.