Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Which exhaust do YOU think i should put on my sv650s ? 2005.
Im getting a slip on ! 110% sure.
(random) I heard that some people have to get a power commander and tune there bike a bit when they get full systems . . . do they have to do this also when they get a slip on ?

I really like the deep idle'n the m4 gets which is why Im considering that(But thats just an idea)...any other suggestions/comments ?

·
Registered
827 Posts
I was looking at videos with yosh pipes and it sounds kind of scooter like...idk is it just the video ?
Does not.

Videos never do exhausts justice.

I had an RS3 and was very pleased with the sound. (not to mention price, got it used with light rash from a member here)

I would say an M4 only because they look the best IMHO.

·
Premium Member
3,062 Posts
I was looking at videos with yosh pipes and it sounds kind of scooter like...idk is it just the video ?
first time I have heard that!

I'll let ya follow my "vespa" through the twisties while I range around in 3rd gear. No...my RS3 sounds real deep (no baffles) and is just plain wicked when wound out.

·
Registered
59 Posts
+1 for the RS3. I put one on my K2 last month and it is brilliant! They're right, the crap youtube videos do not even come close to the sound you'll get from it. Almost forgot: The absolute best price I found for it was from Indy Super Bikes.com. Not the fastest, but definitely the cheapest.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Uhh sorry to change the topic completely but,
is there that much of a difference buying stainless,carbon or titanium pipes . . ?
there so much more then the other !
I was just going to go and buy stainless
cons ? pros ?

·
Registered
628 Posts
Unless you're really concerned about weight and heat displacement, there's no tangible difference between SS/titanium/carbon pipes besides aesthetics (and cost). The stock can is so ridiculously heavy that any aftermarket pipe is going to shave a decent amount of weight, but mostly people buy them for the sound/looks.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Buy a Leo Vince Evo II SBK. This thing sounds amazing. I've got mine in carbon fiber, it's very light, looks good, and only gets warm. It's really cool to be able to ride all day, then touch your pipe and its only warm. Even better for passengers as you don't have to worry about shoes melting if they should touch it....... But, most importantly, it sounds amazing. :eek:

See my post here for pics:

http://forum.svrider.com/showthread.php?t=101217

·
Registered
301 Posts
The material effects the sound of the pipe as well. From my experience carbon fiber usually gives a deeper tone than all others where as aluminum tends to be deep but a little bit tin-canny yet. Stainless always sounds raspy in my personal opinion, but I'm sure others will disagree with me. Just search some youtube videos and you can get a general idea for the difference in sound quality out of each material. I know they aren't the best for comparing, but until you get a bunch of people lined up with different pipes to compare youtube will be your best bet.

Any aftermarket slip on is going to sound much better than stock no matter what. You should also consider if you want quiet versus loud exhaust in which case you may want to search for an exhaust with removable/replaceable baffle. That's part of the reason I chose my Remus exhaust. Carbon fiber oval with removable baffler = deep throaty goodness! That just sounded wrong.:vroom:

+1 for pistolpete. The fact that carbon fiber doesn't get super hot is a nice benefit. I almost bought the Leo Vince carbon fiber slip on but got a really good deal on my Remus so I jumped boat at the last minute. I don't regret it.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Unless you're really concerned about weight and heat displacement, there's no tangible difference between SS/titanium/carbon pipes besides aesthetics (and cost). The stock can is so ridiculously heavy that any aftermarket pipe is going to shave a decent amount of weight, but mostly people buy them for the sound/looks.
Cool...I'm glad to here that haha, no matter what then I'll be dropping some weight off my bike.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts