Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking to revamp my 2003 SV1000S into a new breed cruising bike. It has been sitting in storage for the last 4 years due to a bad hit and run. Here is some of the things I am looking to do to it:

05 GSX-R front end (tuned by Racetech)
R1/R6 4 piston front calipers with spacers from TWFracing
VFR 750 single sided swingarm
Ducati 916 rear wheel
Penske 8987 triple adjust shock
R6S bodywork (I believe that is what it is....)
All blacked out, and lowered an inch or so.

Any feedback or input would be helpful. I want to get this baby back on the road. :D

Very respectfully,
Buz

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Not really a "cruising" bike. You are making a performance machine. Would it be a new breed or more like a Frankenstein of sorts.

It all sounds good. Get busy and keep us updated.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I want it to be different.... kind of a show and go. I have a stunt bike, so this one is just for rolling the streets by myself or with me lady. I am thinking of having some engine work done also.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I am powdercoating everything black, yet might have the wheels match the paint. Not really a chrome or polished guy. I was also thinking that if I didn't do the single sided swingarm, if I could extend the stock swingarm a lil, or if another swingarm would fit... that has an extended version for it?

·
Registered
2,778 Posts
I am powdercoating everything black, yet might have the wheels match the paint. Not really a chrome or polished guy. I was also thinking that if I didn't do the single sided swingarm, if I could extend the stock swingarm a lil, or if another swingarm would fit... that has an extended version for it?
Best wishes on what you do to the bike. Case is that those SV 1ks are very road worthy out of the box... And that stock swingarm on the 1k is awesome..(its a GSXR item)

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
No injuries here, just had a sprained ankle from the wreck. That was 4 years ago. Have since been deployed 3 times to Iraq and Afghanistan. No time for anything, not even family. I am back now, and looking to make my SV a "Cruising" bike that turns heads and is not like many other SV's. I want a sick body, all powdered black, stretched a little (not a 'Busa stretch), dropped an inch, and to put harley's to shame with it's engine.

I already got a '05 GSX-R front end for $180 mint, and also got ahold of some good parts through Ebay like a new lock kit, new clip-ons with controls, etc.

Any constructive help will be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
522 Posts
I for one would love to see someone on the forum create a bad-a$$ 1k, don't see too many around. Do it, and inspire me. I'm running out of direction on mine.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts