Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry all, been a while since i've been active on here and didnt know the best way to attach pics..

http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff99/evn_05/SVwashrightside.jpg

http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff99/evn_05/SVwashleftside.jpg

So heres the story: 2006 SV650S I bought brand new, 23,8xx miles, Holeshot high mount, pair block off, just replaced air filter, will have new front reservoir since the tab broke off mine, front and rear brake fluid just flushed, Renthal sprockets & DID gold chain with approx 2-3k miles on them, Michelin 2ct rear tire with 3-4k on it (I would say its 60-70% tread), front tire is done (may replace it), dark smoke double bubble windscreen, probley a few other things I am forgetting also..

I do get and know I will get absolutely zero value for the extras but am mainly seeing the positives of wear items and maintenance items in good shape. The bike is in pretty good condition, it is not perfect by any stretch but very good for a six year old bike with almost 24k on it.

Just curious I suppose, found a bandit I would love to buy but don't have a need for both cycles. If I could get fair $ out of it I would list and sell it. Just figured I would ask dudes who can give me some real world feedback rather than just putting on Craigslist and seeing what morons call me..

Any feedback is appreciated, I blue booked it and it said around $3800 I think.. Just trying to see if I should keep it or send it on to a new home.

Cheers!

·
Registered
2,400 Posts
I don't know anything about Illinois, but around here (metro Detroit) it wouldn't pull in $3800 with that kind of mileage. Maybe $3200ish. Just my guess from what I've seen.

Nice machine, though. It's obvious you have treated it well.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I thought the mileage would be the kicker.. It just sucks b/c I am right on the edge of it being pointless to sell. I would love to have a more comfortable bike to do distance on (the Bandit) and it is a relative wash between selling the SV to buy it or doing the GSXR front end and switching to bars from the clip ons..

·
Registered
188 Posts
I live in Southern California.
About six months ago I bought my 06 Red SV650S.
Mine was bone stock, 24k on it, paid $3,000.
This might help but your bike looks in really good condition from the pictures.
I probably could have waited.. but I'm happy with it! :D

·
Registered
26 Posts
Nice bike. I agree that the milage will make it a bit of harder sell. I'm in the STL area and think you could get some intrest in it for $3500.

·
Registered
661 Posts
the positive is that these motors can last well into 6-digits.

That said I'll offer you a case of PBR, a peanut butter sandwich and a high five for your bike. I'll even come to you to pick it up!

·
Registered
129 Posts
With the miles u got i know around here they goin for bout $3200

Sent from my LG-P925 using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
18 Posts
I just bought a similar condition bone stock 22k mile 2007 naked for $3200 (and the sf bay area generally has overpriced commuter bikes...) so it sounds like that's the general price range. I probably could've negotiated down but needed something asap and was willing to pay.

I'd say ask $3500 and see if there are any biters and expect them to possibly try to talk you down a few hundred.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks for all the replies fellas. I will most likely shelf this idea of shuffling to score the bandit I rode and focus on my 125 two-stoke build. Check out the thread I posted up earlier, I could use some ideas from all the inventive minds that lurk on SVR..

·
Registered
151 Posts
You bike is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it at the given moment but that goes for anything you are selling. I list my stuff and price it fair for what it is and stick to my price no negotiation. People will haggle as they want the good feeling of negotiating down to feel like they got a good deal. Good Luck.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts