Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been looking for a standard sv 650 for the past few months now. I got my license in May and have been dying to get on the road. I love the SV, and have seen good deals in the past but wasn't ready. Financially I am still some what tight but I found a bike on craigslist that I have seen in the past but reluctant to pursue it because of some of its issues. If the price is negotiable I would consider buying, however I would like to know if it's worth even buying. Just copy and paste the link
I would greatly appreciate anyone's adivce.

Thank you

http://newyork.craigslist.org/lgi/mcy/3252718713.html

·
Registered
198 Posts
I have been looking for a standard sv 650 for the past few months now. I got my license in May and have been dying to get on the road. I love the SV, and have seen good deals in the past but wasn't ready. Financially I am still some what tight but I found a bike on craigslist that I have seen in the past but reluctant to pursue it because of some of its issues. If the price is negotiable I would consider buying, however I would like to know if it's worth even buying. Just copy and paste the link
I would greatly appreciate anyone's adivce.

Thank you

http://newyork.craigslist.org/lgi/mcy/3252718713.html
Don't pick up a non-functioning bike if you're on a tight budget (given that it is off of Craigslist). Brakes could be dealt with (rotors look decent). If I were you, I'd say tell the guy to buy a battery and confirm that it runs before you even bother to go take a look. If he can't get it to crank, 2K isn't worth it. You can find better deals on uglier bikes that run better.

But even beyond that, if you're tight on a budget.. Save up some money and buy a bike later. Deals will be found, there will always be one.

Just my 2 cents :D

·
Premium Member
2,041 Posts
If he says brake pads haven't been changed ever, I would stay away. It's a 2004, who knows what else he skimped on.
You can see that the rotors are grooved out, but he doesn't kow why......lol..........$200 dolla! (per rotor)

The block and starter are pitted, but I wouldn't know why. :headscratch:

Unless it is a project that you are willing to sink some serious money into, find another.

·
Registered
5,007 Posts
In addition to what the others have said, once you get it running, you will need to replace all the fluids, oil, coolant, brake fluid. You will want new tires, those appear to be the original tires from 2004. You will want a new chain and sprockets, that one is looking rather rough.

All of that will cost you $$$. Even more if you don't want to do the work yourself.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts