Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I collect vintage 2 stroke bikes and vintage watches, just wondering if any of you collect things?

DB

·
MOTORADOR
10,962 Posts
Guitars.

·
Registered
747 Posts
Oh boy. I used to collect old Schwinn Bicycles, that turned into collecting and riding Schwinn Homegrown mountain bikes made from 1995-2001.

I won't post all the photos of my old Schwinn's, there would be too many. At one point I had over 30 bicycles at once. Here they all are:
http://s50.photobucket.com/albums/f343/blue72beetle/Schwinn/?start=all

The Schwinn Homegrown's though, those were hand-built, high end mountain bikes in their day. They're sort of rare, and anything and everything Homegrown I try to nab.

Here's a sampling of some of my Homegrown stuff:
http://s50.photobucket.com/albums/f343/blue72beetle/Schwinn/Homegrown/?start=all

·
Registered
4,859 Posts
Nice bikes!!!! I'm still rocking a 2001 Schwinn Mesa GSX that I built with all XT goodies. I love that bike, but will be selling it probably next spring to get a 29er. ;)

Okay, took me a while to track down some pics, but here's the *start* of what I hope will someday be an interesting show piece collection.

I've always had a thing for interesting guns, but don't really care that much for shooting them. I just admire their looks, their mechanical properties, and the stories and history that they hold. The beginning of my collection started with my grandpa.

This 1907 Ithaca Flues (not this exact one) was a high school graduation gift from his father in 1938:

When we cleaned out his old house, we found this .22 hidden in the crawl space. Nobody in the family remembers ever seeing it before. I don't remember the make or model (I have notes at home somewhere), but I did some research a few years ago and discovered it was a JC Penny catalog version of one of the first semi auto .22's. This one is from the 1930's and works better than my modern Marlin .22:

The pride and joy of my collection, a Nazi officer's Walther .32 acp. Grandpa was in a castle that everybody thought was clear. He was in a dark hallway and walked right into the German officer, who clearly didn't know that Uncle Sam had come to visit. After a brief stand down, the German man surrendered and gave grandpa his pistol. (again, not a pic of mine, my dad keeps it in the fire safe at his house) On a side note, grandpa also brought back an officer's sword (which is no longer in the family) and an SS marked dagger from that man, along with some silverware from the castle that had Hitler's own personal markings on them. It's really creepy holding the silverware, thinking who may have eaten off of it.

These are the most interesting pieces I've got so far, but on my wish list for future purchases:

1861 Springfield Rifle Musket
Colt 1911 WWII issued service pistol
1864 Remington Army Revolver (would consider a Navy, but not both)
Possibly a Vietnam or even WWII era sniper rifle.
Just about any French flintlock musket. (American Revolution era)
Ideally, I'd like to own one long gun or pistol from each of the major American wars up to about Vietnam. After that they all started to get boring to me.

·
Premium Member
4,340 Posts
Trains, Big Time!

Like this is a surprise to anyone who has noticed some of my posts. I'll throw some images up later.

·
Registered
608 Posts
Well I don't know if this is so much a collection or an addiction, but snowboards for me... This isn't even all of them, just what fit on the wall.

·
MOTORADOR
10,962 Posts
First pic I take of the family.

Sadly, a few more have been stolen and/or broken along the way.

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
Records, I guess? That's a fairly recent thing, though. I've got around 50 now. I guess comics sort of counts, but I mostly buy monthly stuff digitally, plus collections of stuff.

·
Premium Member
2,566 Posts
Tickets to packers games that I've been to.

I'm not a real collector of items, but prefer to collect experiences. Skydiving, whitewater rafting, ziplining...you name it.

·
Registered
996 Posts
Tickets to packers games that I've been to.

I'm not a real collector of items, but prefer to collect experiences. Skydiving, whitewater rafting, ziplining...you name it.
Go Packers! :naughty: I'm more of an experience collector of sorts also, Now That I've gotten a gopro I film anything and everything I can just to have video proof/reference of everything I do, Kayaking, Snowboarding, Riding, Skateboarding, Driving, winter drifting, Fishing. But really the only things I can say I've collected over the years were/are Concert ticket stubs, and all of my action sports equipment and my small collection of guns.

Cool thread BTW

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
I use to collect Micromachines, hot wheels, DUB editions, revell models, etc of which ever car I owned at the moment. I have a few of my past cars. Nothing new has been added in two years since I haven't owned a sports car since then(just a beater truck I fixed up). I guess now I need to find models of my SV :)

I collect Craftsman tools as well :)

1 - 20 of 34 Posts