Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well for starters, I got frustrated.

I usually play Pandora or my music when riding in to work. Evidently siri can now launch any app on command(didn't know she couldn't do this before as she always did what I asked of her...for the most part). Upon riding in I must have it a dead zone because pandora stopped playing, no big deal. At the next red light I grab the mic, launch siri, "Siri, play my ipod." No response. Hmmmm, try again, "Siri play my music," again nothing. At the next red light I get the infamous, "Sorry I cannot complete your request right now, please try again later." What a *****. Finally I pull over and did not realize I had to go back into my Ipod, launch all songs and set to shuffle. I guess with the new music/ipod layout you have to go back in and setup your preferences/settings for how you want it to play(I always shuffle all songs). Other than that, she's been pretty good.

Anyone do anything that's new with IOS 6? Quite a bit of changes, I still want to take advantage of some of the newer features.

·
BannedCampCounselor
9,911 Posts
I had coworkers show me "new" features that I've had on android for quite some time.

"Whoopty-Doo, Basil"

·
site supporter
6,051 Posts
I have an iPhone 4S for work. We got an email this AM suggesting we download the iOS6, but should do it plugged in to power, because it takes a lot of time. But iOS6 needs a Wi-Fi conenction to download and our office doesn't have one!

fail.

In additon, my iPhone seems to be draining its battery in about six hours of standby. So that's fail as well.

·
Premium Member
6,015 Posts
I have an iPhone 4S for work. We got an email this AM suggesting we download the iOS6, but should do it plugged in to power, because it takes a lot of time. But iOS6 needs a Wi-Fi conenction to download and our office doesn't have one!

fail.

In additon, my iPhone seems to be draining its battery in about six hours of standby. So that's fail as well.
Not downloading all those apps from the app store helps with battery life.

I find mine drains fast when I have Blue tooth and wifi set to on. I usually turn those off when not in use.

·
site supporter
6,051 Posts
Not downloading all those apps from the app store helps with battery life.
I had a couple of news apps (NPR, Reuters) amnd nothing else. I deleted them when I notoced the battery life problem. No improvement.

The phone had been using relatively little battery for the past few months. And now Zippy-zap-zoom

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
double click your home button and close your running apps Fatass!

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I forgot I could upgrade to ios 6

oh well, maybe tonight.

Or maybe when I get around to getting the IPhone 5

If you have a 4S, I wouldn't waste my money. Everyone I have talked to that has a 4S that has tested the 5 in stores said you can't tell a performance difference. Which I could see, we are at the point that our tasks don't require faster processing power.

·
site supporter
6,051 Posts
double click your home button and close your running app
yeah. I've done that without gaining any battery life. Other people in my office (and satellite office) have had similar problems which resulted in them taking a trip to the Apple Store and spending time standihng around while an Apple dude talked to our tech support people in Ireland while the iPhone gets re-imaged, or re-loaded or re-ripened or something.

Whatever.

I guess I'll have to follow suit.

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
yeah. I've done that without gaining any battery life. Other people in my office (and satellite office) have had similar problems which resulted in them taking a trip to the Apple Store and spending time standihng around while an Apple dude talked to our tech support people in Ireland while the iPhone gets re-imaged, or re-loaded or re-ripened or something.

Whatever.

I guess I'll have to follow suit.
Are in a building with flakey signal? If your signal is constantly searching your battery will drain insanely fast. I've had this issue for 5 years, no matter which brand of phone I carry. My office is surrounded by led walls.

·
Premium Member
6,015 Posts
If you have a 4S, I wouldn't waste my money. Everyone I have talked to that has a 4S that has tested the 5 in stores said you can't tell a performance difference. Which I could see, we are at the point that our tasks don't require faster processing power.
I am on a broken down, dropped many times, stepped on plenty, OMG how did it survive that, 3gs. I am over due for a new phone.

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I am on a broken down, dropped many times, stepped on plenty, OMG how did it survive that, 3gs. I am over due for a new phone.
Then you will prob love the 5 :)

·
Registered
640 Posts
OrangeBlood, did you mind it that YouTube and google maps are no longer part of the iOS6 update, what are some of the newer cool features? I have a iPhone 4 and iPad 2 so any features pertaining to 4s and iPad 3 won't matter to me. Thx for any info.

Sent from my iPad using MO Free

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I rarely use youtube as it is, if I need it then I'll watch it on a wide screen. It still works in safari so no loss for me there.

Google maps is replaced with it's Apple counter part. Looks very similar and has lots more features. It's about time Apple integrated a turn by turn nav into their map system. Something that should have been free a long time ago.

Facetime works over 3G now, no longer need it to work on wifi. You also have more options when posting pictures, IE facebook, twitter stuff like that. I haven't done too much with posting pics but I will be sharing with family so that will help.

·
Registered
4,480 Posts
I'm on a 3gs too. Every update it seems to bog down more and more.

Due for an upgrade in Feb. I may or may not be counting the days...

·
site supporter
6,051 Posts
I upgraded to iOS6 last night using iTunes on my home computer. Today I awoke to a radio story about folks *****ing that iOS6's maps app is faulty. Glad I made the effort.
:disappointed:

1 - 20 of 38 Posts