Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1841 - 1860 of 15863 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
From last night (2 hours) to tonight (4 hours) until tomorrow hoping to finish it up....I've put on new extended throttle cables (convertibars), naked clutch cable, pulled the clip-ons, svs triple, and have been extending the controls wiring harnesses (as well as cleaning the bike).

·
Premium Member
10,443 Posts
I screwed up and took to many links off my chain. doh.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Installed my Sonic Springs and 20wt oil. It's amazing what this does to the way the bike rides, WOW!!!!!
DeSnorked and added tank risers. Braaap.

·
Chief Greeter
27,830 Posts
This Sunday is a ride with the ocmoto guys, and there are 3 SVRiders going!

Finally, I get to ride with some SVR peoples. :D
Well the official ride was postphoned until next Sunday due to weather, but a few of us rode the unofficial ride today. Lite rain in a couple of places, overall it was great!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PBGPrF531i4&feature=player_embedded

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DLvlf2KiG-0&feature=player_embedded

1 SV650 was there (Doug) but he wasn't one of the 3 SVRider guys. Next week! :D

You know that guy looked familiar, I think he was the service manager from the OTD where I bought my bike, he works at a bike race shop now.

·
Premium Member
9,691 Posts
Road around O-Town. Got some Spray Cleaner at Cycle Gear and tried on some Gloves. I bet you didn't know that A Star gloves marked XL don't fit the same way across the different models. Then checked out the portable HDs at Best Buy, HDMI to DVI converters and cheap DVDs. And I finally went to Circuit City to see if this store also had the vertical grip I want for my camera but they didn't, so I got some more desktop memory for the home PC. Working with 10mp photos really makes my CPU scream for mercy. Beautiful day today too!! I think winter's peak has come and gone and it's time to bring on SPRING!!!!!

·
Registered
513 Posts
Put on my frame sliders and my swing arm sliders finally. And put my new kickstand on, in that order so I've got a little protection if the kickstand.

·
Registered
9,110 Posts
1. Put some stabil in the tank, rode to gas station and topped off.
2. Re-wired pigtail for battery tender with a better plug.
3. Wired up relay and second Fiamm blaster. Now have both low and high tones.

There was something else, what could it have been, hmmm, oh, that's right, I effing dropped it! What a f*cktard. I was bringing it down off the service stand to move it over to the wall, where the battery tender is. I visually checked the sidestand, but didn't give it the customary kick to make sure it was all the way down.

Service stand out, bike on it's side - effing great. broke the glass on my CRG bar end mirror and snapped the end off my clutch lever. That appears to be all the damage. I don't really want to look any closer right now.

·
Premium Member
3,662 Posts
Service stand out, bike on it's side - effing great. broke the glass on my CRG bar end mirror and snapped the end off my clutch lever. That appears to be all the damage. I don't really want to look any closer right now.

That sucks....

it's another reason why I don't want to get bar end mirrors... I'd be hitting them on things... or just like this.. the one time the bike tips over they break...

Perhaps the bike is telling you it wants a set of shorty Pazzos?

·
Registered
9,110 Posts
That sucks....

it's another reason why I don't want to get bar end mirrors... I'd be hitting them on things... or just like this.. the one time the bike tips over they break...

Perhaps the bike is telling you it wants a set of shorty Pazzos?
The mirror is easy. About $20 to CRG, and they send you a new mirror, o-ring, screw, and STICKER! Maybe this time I'll order two.

I was going to get a set of levers, just not this soon. I just need to decide between the CRG, Pazzo, and ASV. I had the Pazzo's before, and liked them. I need to find out which one will work with the clutchius interruptus switch. Pretty sure the CRG's do.

1841 - 1860 of 15863 Posts