Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1821 - 1840 of 15863 Posts

·
Registered
655 Posts
there is over a foot of snow on the ground so i didnt do much riding but my new tires came in yesterday. im going to try a 170 on the rear.....hope i didnt screw up going up a size

·
Premium Member
9,691 Posts
Shined her up with Honda Spray Polish and went on a quest to find some Kerosene at ACE hardware for future chain cleanings. 1st store was out so had to make a trip to another store and they had plenty.

A gallon like that should be good for another year and few months of chain cleanings.

:)

·
Premium Member
3,662 Posts
Shined her up with Honda Spray Polish and went on a quest to find some Kerosene at ACE hardware for future chain cleanings. 1st store was out so had to make a trip to another store and they had plenty.

A gallon like that should be good for another year and few months of chain cleanings.

and great on salads too!!

·
Iron Butt Moderator
9,271 Posts
Finally got the swingarm swapped out, rear tire back on, Ohlins shock in, battery tray replaced.

Can't get the front sprocket nut to break loose though.

And I have to figure out how to get the 2 broken bolts out of the front cyclinder for the exhaust.

Made some progress.

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
Plugged the charger in and looked at it for about five minutes. It was 45 here in Jersey today and I saw stealth black 06 gsxr 750, an older but clean zx-6 putting in the slow lane, and the naked bmw k1200. The roads were too salty for me though and I had to work anyway.

·
Premium Member
4,088 Posts
I made a licence plate bracket and mounted a tail light. Well i guess that was yesterday now. But i might order some parts for it today ;)

·
Registered
172 Posts
Rode to work and then to the shop to get some oil and a filter along with some advice. Changed the oil, lubed and adjusted the chain all while contemplating if a valve check and possible adjustment should be something I do myself. The jury is still out...

·
Premium Member
3,662 Posts
I opened a box from Blair containing my motosliders and windscreen....

but other than that I just sat on it weeping as the snow falls as does the temperature... it's a balmy -10F right now...

I think some voodo, religious, native medicine men(or women) should all get together and come up with some chant or spell to speed up this global warming.... just to get it back at spring temperatures....

Bloody hell enough of the snow already!!!! I can take the cold if the roads are dry... but this snow stuff just pisses me off...

·
Registered
3,088 Posts

Holy expensive! You can't find it at a fueling station for about $2/gallon?
ac

·
Premium Member
6,360 Posts
Yeah, that is stupid-expensive, but down in God's Waiting Room where he lives, kerosene isn't sold at gas stations, it doesn't get cold enough for kero-heaters very often. That would be like trying to sell French-cut bikinis at the South Pole.

·
Registered
370 Posts
I changed my oil and used a K&N oil filter and Rotella T Synthetic.

It's as snappy and awake as the day I picked it up in St. Augustine. It shifts like butter as well. I'm extremely pleased and probably will always run the stuff.

·
Registered
465 Posts
Finished up the USD fork upgrade. Took it for a ride (36 F) - short ride but fun ride. Now I just need to get to work on the weather upgrade.

·
Premium Member
613 Posts
Got my SV back from the dealer (ABS issue discussed in another thread).

Wasn't happy with the S triple and Clip ons:

So, scored some Swatt Clip Ons (2.5" rise) and made spacers for them and mounted them back on my naked triple:

That was a chore to do, since the Swatts didn't allow the naked front brake reservoir to mount, etc. Details here:

http://forum.svrider.com/showthread.php?t=92967

Anyways, I'm almost done:

I'm now a Buell headlight haver. Does that make me a ...... (drum roll)... Bueller, Bueller, Bueller... (Ben Stein voice)

tk

1821 - 1840 of 15863 Posts