Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

15841 - 15860 of 15863 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
After months of reading up on it, I finally adjusted my TPS. With the low rpm herky-jerkiness gone, parking lot maneuvers are so much easier. I wish I could remember which post here turned me on to the TPS Adjustment how-to on SV650.org, but many thanks to that poster.:worship:

·
Registered
31 Posts
Clutch was slipping. According to the previous owner it’s never been inspected or changed in 50k miles. It is an ex rider school bike so no real harsh starts or abuse. It only slipped under heavy load.

Drained the oil and coolant, opened the clutch basket and inspected everything. All plates well within tolerance (as new actually) with no sign of overheating or distortion. Clutch springs were 2mm shorter than the tolerance and also quite weak. Rebuilt all up with just replacing the springs. Job done.
Good stuff, 50k out of a set of clutch springs (on a trainer bike no less) is a pretty damn good rate of return.

·
Registered
31 Posts
You mean a zx-14 rear mono shock or something else? Also, what's your weight? Is this on a 650 or 1k? And how do you like it now?
Yes, ZX14 rear shock and it's a 650. Just had to trim som plastic around the tool compartment, no big deal. I go about 250 geared up. Even though I hadn't been on it since last June, I could definitely tell there was less pogo action. The front feels much better as well. Big thanks to Rich at sonic springs.

·
Premium Member
1,740 Posts
Progress! Ordered an EK Chain which showed up. I'm waiting
on sprockets, and getting a new rear tire mounted today!

·
Premium Member
1,740 Posts
:cussing:

Yesterday they said my rear sprocket would be in today.
Stupid me drives down to the dealer, only to be told it was
on back order! SOB, get me a drink! The only thing stopping
me from putting the bike back on the road is the rear sprocket!

At least I was able to get the front sprocket, and my son's
XR100R exhaust.... I guess Mine has to wait until next week....

·
Registered
20 Posts
MotionPro throttle installed with red spool on my 2004 track bike. :vroom: I might go yellow, but thought I would start with red first. I have ridden a gen 1 with the yellow spool. It felt almost like my R1 until it stopped turning at what would be half throttle on the R1. :icon_biggrin: Going to pick up my Gen 1 shift arm today so I can shorten the throw on the shifts.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Picked up another one. Under the cover is the '07 S I've been working on since Sept. Has a salvage title that I can't work around so it's likely to become a track bike. "New" one has a clean title, so it'll get all the good parts from both for now. Just needs a little bit of sweat equity.

·
Premium Member
1,740 Posts
I got it all put back together. Watch out motorcycle picture game 2.0. It might be midnight Eastern standard time but I’m coming for ya!!!!!

Sent from my TI-99/4A

·
Premium Member
92 Posts
Installed the new Buell foot pegs I ordered from Saint Paul Harley Davidson. Dropped the pegs by almost an inch, and now my 34" inseam knees almost fit into the tank cut outs. I was able to adjust longer the stock shift linkage to accommodate the new position, but had to slice off about 3mm's of the brake actuator rod with my Dremel. Controls are in a natural position, same as before. EZ two hour project with a bench vise and set of files. Nice $50 comfort mod for the long of leg.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Fixed one factory issue and several leftover from the previous owner.

Replaced the stock bar with a Bikemaster Superbike bar. Stocker was too narrow and at a bad angle for my wrists.

While I was messing around with front controls, I replaced the broken levers with a pair of Chinese adjustable folders. Pulled the crappy bar end mirrors off and replaced them with just slightly less crappy bar end mirrors from Cycle Gear. Popped some plastic plugs into the old mirror holes.

Installed a Puig Fender Extenda to help keep some road grime offa the engine.

I started in on replacing the gigantic stock turn signals, but then realized AFTER I'd cut the wires to one that I didn't have the correct size bullet connectors in my electronics kit. Nor do I have the correct LED flasher module. So that'll get finished up in a coupla days after I've visited the electronics store and received the delivery from Amazon.

·
Registered
170 Posts
... I replaced the clutch cable on my 135,000 mile K6. The old cable snapped close to the lever as I was manoeuvring the it around the bike shed a few days ago (good place to break a cable). I could have ordered a Suzuki one for £32, but being a tightwad I bought a pattern part for only £7 (delivered) - it arrived this morn. I’m quite a believer in pattern parts, in my experience they work fine.

The cable had obviously been changed previously (probably several times in the last 135,000 miles) - because the previous fitter had not bothered to route it through any of the guides Mr Suzuki thoughtfully provides. I always find it quite satisfying to put things back together properly, so I followed the very clear routing diagram in the manual. It took no longer to route the cable properly than it would have done to copy the previous chap’s shoddy work, I suppose about 20 minutes from start to finish.

So, my SV650S is fixed, the pattern cable fitted perfectly, everything is where Mr Suzuki intended it to be and the clutch is very smooth again :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
15 Posts
White stainless braided lines to the front brakes. Rebuilt the master cylinder. Put new HH Countered pads on. Pulled the calipers off and blew out all the old juices before filling and bleeding the lines.

HUGE difference. The work like they should now. Before the compression was crunchy and inconsistent. Had to squeeze hard to really stop.

Attachments

·
Registered
60 Posts
Finally got my $600 winter project bike running. Previous owner had neglected to attach the ground strap to the engine following an engine swap. Then once I got it going, it wouldn't do anything at all the next time I tried to start it up. Blown main fuse, so i'll have to keep an eye on that. Lock set/gas cap just arrived, radiator should be in tomorrow. GSXR front end is in my garage ready to go on. Gonna be a good winter.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Took the fairings off, been getting braver about getting into it and fixing what the previous owner had not done correctly. Straight piped it in the house just to get a ride from my lady and getting it ready for the next day that's 32° and up. I can't winterize it, just got it running. Lol

15841 - 15860 of 15863 Posts