Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

15761 - 15780 of 15879 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Noticed my rear was flat Friday night when I got home and then found a stick had punctured it. So Saturday morning, I quickly plugged it and went and got some Road 5's put on. Have to say they feel much better than the Angel ST's .. to me anyway :)

Hopefully I'll get around 16K-20K from them as I have with PR4's on other bikes.

·
Registered
580 Posts
Took the wheels off and started my braking overhaul.

Caliper rebuilt and ready to go back in (Caliper and carrier and bolts courtesy of mad8vskillz, pads from SVRacing parts).

·
Registered
835 Posts
...went and got some Road 5's put on...
I ordered a Road 5 rear for my Triumph Sprint and it should be delivered today. Being a heavy (550-ish lb) sport tourer, I got over 6700 miles from each of the last two PR4 rears I have used. The PR tires wont see my SV though since it is race/track only.

·
Registered
8 Posts
detailed the bike today after getting coolant all over the engine case putting those samco radiator hoses on yesterday. turned out pretty nice.

·
Premium Member
2,107 Posts
detailed the bike today after getting coolant all over the engine case putting those samco radiator hoses on yesterday. turned out pretty nice.
Those hoses look great though!

·
Premium Member
73 Posts
Went through the calipers, cleaned out old nasty as brown gunk from both calipers lol. seals were all still in good shape, so I just reused them, replaced the pads that were literally caked in grease...

The braking is night and day! omg! lol first light I tested it out at about 5mph and locked up the front wheel haha! almost fell, but made me soooo happy. There was literally no bite at all with the old greased up pads haha.
Also:
Cleaned my mirrors of tiny white paint specs from an overspray job,

15761 - 15780 of 15879 Posts