Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

14921 - 14940 of 15863 Posts

·
Registered
580 Posts
Began disassembling my front end to send the forks off to Traxxion Dynamics for a drop in kit to be installed. Forgot to research everything and ended up having to stop because I did not have the 12mm hex for the front axle removal (what an idiot). Thanks to Amazon Prime i'll have a 13 piece hex socket set this Tuesday (then I have to find the time to continue). The quest continues...

·
Premium Member
2,103 Posts
Scrubbed in the new rear tire.

New rear rubber was at 28500 miles. We will see how long this one lasts.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Replaced Leo Vince SBK with Delkevic....Leo Vince will be for sale in "for sale" section as soon as I can start posting there.

Old -

New -

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

·
MOTORADOR
10,780 Posts
I anchored a couple of choks to the floor on the motorcycles' garage to free up a bit of walking space in between the bikes.

·
Premium Member
2,103 Posts
Post man delivered package. Installed new shifter lever with springy toe piece.
Same on my bike, I love that little shifter.

·
Registered
580 Posts
Well this happened earlier this week. I got my tools in and was able to complete the fork removal from my bike and have sent them off to Traxxion Dynamics for a damper rod kit install. Comes with new springs, emulators, and new damper rods (oil and fork seals of course). Would have installed myself but I don't have the tools or time currently. It's waiting for its legs to come back!

·
Registered
11 Posts
New braided lines for my freshly Ultra-sonic cleaned brembo calipers. New radiator, turns out i need a new hose, so ordered that. New chain and sprockets. mounted all the new race bodywork. had to order both case cover gaskets because i shredded them today. ordered the motionpro flywheel puller so i can put my lightened starter sprag on it.

before that i did: Cam swap, valve check, sent my harness out to BrianC to get the Jenny Craig treatment. New subframe, motion pro throttle, had my steering damper serviced, ohlins rear serviced by Computrack Boston, my teammate Rada machined me new triple clamps and adjustable offset inserts to FINALLY dial in my geometry. Pair removal, Velocity tacks, cut airbox lid, new vortex gas cap, installed stock fairing stays on side of frame, GPtech fairing stay on the front.

i think thats it.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Been a while since coming back on here. Just picked up a fender elimnator kit and drag bars for the coming riding season. Excited to get back out there!

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
Just finished giving the front brakes a quick scrub with soapy water. I'll get the rear tomorrow when I pre-assemble the swing arm.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Not on my SV directly, but I did get the tire mounted on my GSXR front wheel in preparation for front end swap. This weekend is boring out my triple to 28mm. Bought a 28mm bit on Amazon that should work with my drill press.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Replaced the starter clutch bearing, the clutch plates and the clutch cable. I'm honestly amazed at how much lighter the clutch lever effort is now. I knew it felt a bit "grainy" when pulling it, but I didn't realize how much extra effort the old, ratty cable was causing. The clutch plates weren't especially worn, but now I know exactly how old they are.

Unfortunately, while replacing the starter clutch, I discovered just how bad my front sprocket was... I knew the chain was near the end of it's life, but I didn't realize how bad that sprocket was. Oh well. Now I'm waiting on a chain and sprockets to get here so I can go ahead and get the 520 conversion out of the way and start screwing with gearing.

·
Registered
966 Posts
Since I only own the S3R now I didn't do anything to my SV... I did however order this to go on my SWmotech toprack:
Givi B33 monokey case:

I used $65 in amazon giftcards + ~$90 cashback credit card rewards. I ended up only spending ~$25 dollars since the shipping was free. Should be here anytime between now and Monday.

I got a lot of flak about putting a topcase on a S3R but it will make the bike more usable. I actually want to be able to RIDE my motorcycle throughout the week and not just on weekends (like a lot of people).

14921 - 14940 of 15863 Posts