Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

14441 - 14460 of 15863 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Rode with a friend of mine to the local bike shop. Picked up a new Shoei Terminus to match my SV.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Bought mine three weeks ago. The only things I've added so far are rear spools and a nice 100MPH club sticker lol. Performance wise it already has a slip on, air filter, air box lid mod and possibly a flash on the ecu. So anything I do from here will likely be aesthetics and handling performance.

I ran a 12.6 at 106 for my best time. Not terrible for a total noob.

A little random twinning happened, pretty neat. I want his rear turns, mine are just factory with clear lenses

And lastly just a picture from on top of the mountain at the Snowshoe West Virginia resort. That was a super fun ride on memorial day.

·
Registered
992 Posts
so I got a gear indicator with a "lot" of gsxr party from ebay. went to install it and realized while trying to program it - DUH - I have a gsxr front end with no speed sensor. so I came up with a counter shaft sensor. (I didn't go to the front wheel because this is a track only bike and I have two different front wheels/rotors for my slicks/rains)

I JB welded a gsxr sensor to the inside of the sprocket cover - then realized the sensor was bad post install. instead of cutting it out and starting over I used it as a base to mount a good sensor.

ImageUploadedByMO Free1433104684.591556.jpg
ImageUploadedByMO Free1433104706.307958.jpg

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Premium Member
4,347 Posts
We have been putting up a Pergola.

And why does this matter to a SV?

This is why.

While I have secure storage, there is no garage. Now there is a bricked in area surrounded by a fence under a structure that can easily be covered with a tarp -(already bought)- to allow work in rain and colder conditions. It broadens the work options greatly, and the bike can be chained to a post for short term storage.

Did I meet the new must-have-picture requirement? :thumbsup:

·
Registered
20 Posts
Today I put the motion pro r6 throttle tube on my gen one sv650. No trimming needed. I did have to lube the cables up though and then put the driven d3 grips on. I like the setup a lot! Throttle response will take some getting used to but can already tell I like it!

·
Registered
6,679 Posts
We have been putting up a Pergola.

And why does this matter to a SV?

This is why.

While I have secure storage, there is no garage. Now there is a bricked in area surrounded by a fence under a structure that can easily be covered with a tarp -(already bought)- to allow work in rain and colder conditions. It broadens the work options greatly, and the bike can be chained to a post for short term storage.

Did I meet the new must-have-picture requirement? :thumbsup:
Nice work there! And from the picture I see the Sargent pillion cover...sweet!:)

·
MOTORADOR
10,780 Posts
Installed the new sprockets, chain and belly pan on the SV.

·
MOTORADOR
10,780 Posts
LOL

·
Registered
53 Posts
Ran across some 70s era Kawi tools in the garage, used the spanner on my rear shock and threw them under the seat. Never got the Suzuki tools with the bike.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Finished installing the new fork springs. The stiffer springs make a world of difference. The bike is much more planted going over bumps and it seems to be much, much easier to countersteer.

I might play with the preload tomorrow. Still have both adjusters backed out all the way, but it feels about right.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Went for another nice long ride to see the old Kinzu bridge. New chain and grips were awesome. Also the r6 throttle tube was an awesome upgrade. Now I need to check the cable settings an the TPS setting again. Then I decided I need more noise..

14441 - 14460 of 15863 Posts