Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

14341 - 14360 of 15863 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Today I took my SV out for the first time. Haven't made it out onto real roads yet, but I'm getting around my complex pretty well, getting a feel for the balance, starting/stopping, and low speed turning. Just need a few more days of this before I head out for a 'real' ride!

·
Premium Member
2,103 Posts
Not today but yesterday.... I rode that beauty 305 miles around Texas and it was SICK!!!!!!!:rock:

Putting on my new handlebars today and getting my 1st gen sliders and armored pants in the mail.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Safety wired the race bike and prepped the bodywork for new numbers. The bike is basically ready for CCS however I'm going to be safety wiring a couple extra things next week.

·
Registered
6,679 Posts
Partially installed my SH775BA series regulator / rectifier. Just have to crimp together the battery side and stator side wire connections.
Have you considered relocating it to get better airflow for cooling? That seemed like one of the mistakes Suzuki made on the 650's that was corrected on the 1K's where the RR is alongside the front head in good strong airflow...and likely why they don't have RR problems so much. Don't know if the Series-type RR would tend to generate as much heat as the shunt-type does....just thought it would be worth a mention.

·
Premium Member
4,837 Posts
Today was oil change day. Rotella T6 and Purolator PL14459 oil filter, used in conjunction with a Bales adapter.

When writing down the oil change in my log book, I found out that I'm not riding enough, only 3k miles last year. I used to commute to work on my bike and put in 10k a year, but since the job went away, not enough riding is happening. Gotta fix that!!

·
Greetings Program
6,272 Posts
Stopped by HB's Finest moto detail shop. $50 for an awesome detail, polish and wax.

Attachments

·
Registered
966 Posts
Test fit my fiberglass solo cowl that I've had forever. I never got around to painting it, I even have the color match paint :nosepick:

I'm going to try to paint it within a week or two depending on the weather. I have a lot going on right now but I'm promising myself I'll get it done. Need to fiddle with the mount a little to get it to sit right and not rattle around.

:icon_biggrin: ;D :icon_biggrin: ;D :icon_biggrin:

Side with Saddlebags:

Side without Saddlebags:

14341 - 14360 of 15863 Posts