Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

14001 - 14020 of 15863 Posts

·
Super Moderator
8,100 Posts
got this. for $750 + $100 donation to a kids charity the P.O. runs

all of it is in unknown shape. title is meh (signed but not notarized..facepalm) but it's mostly straight and has a bunch of plastics and a decent shape akrapovic full system.

this is the 3rd parts bike i've picked up in a month. running out of space in the garage... bunch of crap everywhere, tons of stuff hanging off the ceiling, and 6 whole bikes in there now (working on 2 of my friends bikes too). had to stash the sv1000 at my parents'

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
God damn mad8vskillz! How do you keep finding all these deals?! I've been scouring craigslist and local forums for a 650 to do track duty without luck and you find deals like this left and right.

·
Greetings Program
6,272 Posts
I think it's time Mad8 reassembles a bunch of those parts into a working SV... and then sell it at auction here... Bidding starts at his estimated cost + labor at $15/hr...

·
Super Moderator
8,100 Posts
God damn mad8vskillz! How do you keep finding all these deals?! I've been scouring craigslist and local forums for a 650 to do track duty without luck and you find deals like this left and right.
i just check CL every couple weeks. And have a bunch of friends with svs. it also doesn't hurt that i'm right outside a fairly large city and within a 2hr drive of huge cities.
the last two before this one were from a guy i met at an svrider meet at jbswear's and from a guy im friends with who gave up riding.

I think it's time Mad8 reassembles a bunch of those parts into a working SV... and then sell it at auction here... Bidding starts at his estimated cost + labor at $15/hr...
the real question is why? frankenbike was an exercise in crowdsourcing.
If i can pick up a GOOD 1st gen for like $1600, why do i need to dump $2k into an $800 basketcase?
I'm basically picking up the bikes that would be in a junkyard otherwise, and mostly to keep my friends' track bikes running (they crash a lot). the parts on here are just kinda to break even. it's hard to find an engine or a complete front end, but easy to find a whole crappy bike.... .
I can probably get any of them halfass running. but they'll still be pieces of crap. And i've got a track sv already.

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
Replaced all the brake rotors and pads. Tipped the bike over once. If you're gonna jack up the bike under the engine make sure the ground is really level. But I managed to not get my nuts stuck in the gas tank.

·
Premium Member
696 Posts
Damm that tire looks greasy, I'll bet you left a ton of marbles in your wake. Is it possible they made the outer compound on the pilot road even softer than the pilot power anticipating that the road users would not push it over that far, and have a "rain" tire compound on the edges.

·
Registered
31 Posts

Started taking my bike apart after a crash from a couple weekends ago. Forks and triples are ******, and I'm having a hell of a time sourcing new forks :/ But my frame sliders absolutely saved the rest of the bike, and I've already gotten some new ones in the mail.

·
Registered
31 Posts
And it seems like there are zero naked upper triples for sale on Ebay. I've also got to figure out how to replace my steering stem without a dedicated bearing driver, unless I can find one to borrow locally.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Your a ways from me. I live in Denton but I have a press for that, If you cant find someone close ship it to me.
I could have you a custom triple made but that will be in the 250-300 range, just an option

·
Registered
31 Posts
I might have to take you up on the bearing press. I'd gladly pay for shipping both ways. Is it something similar to this?

http://www.motosport.com/dirtbike/PARK-TOOL-STEERING-RACE-PRESS

And I'm hoping that the upper triple isn't bent. If it is, I might be making the change to clipons, lol. It doesn't look like it (unlike the lower triple which was all sorts of crooked), but I'll find out when I try to slide in the forks I'll eventually buy.

14001 - 14020 of 15863 Posts