Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

13561 - 13580 of 15863 Posts

·
Registered
847 Posts
Sold 'er to another enthusiast. Was my first bike, definitely won't be my last :D

It was bitter sweet to hear her rumble off 1 last time, but that cash in my wallet sure makes me feel better about it :naughty:

·
Registered
395 Posts
ummmm washed & waxed..........cleaned and lubed chain. Finally some 70+ weather in the Natti (Cincinnati, OH that is)!!!! Yippee. Lets go ride!!

·
Premium Member
4,837 Posts
I safety wired my grips. The throttle side has been twisting, I could tell from the molding line looking like a snake.

The uninitiated may think it's stupid, but I did it on my dirt/MX bikes, it's SOP for racers. There are grooves for safety wire molded into the grips. The grips are now secured by two pieces of safety wire per side.

They won't be twisting around now, and if it rains, they won't be slipping on the bars, either.

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
:thumbsup:
I safety wired my grips. The throttle side has been twisting, I could tell from the molding line looking like a snake.

The uninitiated may think it's stupid, but I did it on my dirt/MX bikes, it's SOP for racers. There are grooves for safety wire molded into the grips. The grips are now secured by two pieces of safety wire per side.

They won't be twisting around now, and if it rains, they won't be slipping on the bars, either.

My grips are safety wired as well.:thumbsup:

·
MOTORADOR
10,780 Posts
Dropped all of the body work off to be painted. Nissan Color code QAC. Can't wait to get it back on the road.
Perlish white? That's going to look beautiful.

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
"Finished" and installed my flyscreen, and modified a set of bar ends to work in the new renthal ultralows because their ID is ~14mm instead of 17mm like regular 7/8" bars
please excuse the messy corner of the garage (in the middle of cleaning/organizing) and the cell phone picture quality

13561 - 13580 of 15863 Posts