Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

13501 - 13520 of 15863 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
whoa dude. that sucks. Atleast you didnt dump the bike because of it.
If you were local, I would point you to a former road racer that professionally fixes alloy wheels like that. he can get it perfectly straight again. lol.

as far as what I did today with the SV.... new levers and bar ends should be here today..

but today for the first time, I rode it to work.
Technically its not my bike, but my bike is waiting on a backordered part (small fairing bolt and bracket) and I cant ride it until I fix it (or risk the fairings blowing off one side.)

Weather is a beautiful 80* F. Sunny. First day of the year like this.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Are there not skilled shops that would take the "Big Hammer" method to that wheel?

(It would be cheaper than a new wheel.........and not THAT likely to break.)
There are specialty shops and people that could easily fix that with a torch, a press and a few custom anvils.

Just anytime you mention fixing wheels online, a bunch of know-it-alls come in and talk about liability, and how unsafe they feel it is.

edit:
and the SV is not a monster knockoff.
Its a Honda Hawk GT knockoff.

·
MOTORADOR
10,780 Posts
...the SV is not a monster knockoff.
Its a Honda Hawk GT knockoff.
The design of the 1st gen SV has much more in common with the old monster than with the Honda Hawk GT.
... plus, who wants to imitate a mediocre Japanese bike?

Just sayin'

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
Rode it for the first time since the accident on st pattys day.
She seems to be running great, now it'll be mostly cosmetic work to make her look pretty again.
The vapor gauge seems to be reading 5-8mph fast, and I think the tach is reading a little high. 5k feels like what I remember to be 4200-4600ish, but that could just be in my head.

·
MOTORADOR
10,780 Posts
you know you can adjust the tach/speedo on your vapor, right?

Sent from under your bed

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
you know you can adjust the tach/speedo on your vapor, right?

Sent from under your bed
I thought I had read something about that. I was going to look into it tonight. I know adjusting the wheel size wont make a difference, but I need to check the trip as well.
Do you by chance have a link with the info for it?

·
MOTORADOR
10,780 Posts
I thought I had read something about that. I was going to look into it tonight. I know adjusting the wheel size wont make a difference, but I need to check the trip as well.
Do you by chance have a link with the info for it?

I don't but I have a manual. You can adjust by the size of the tire and by travel. I'll check and let you know.

You can also adjust the odo to reflect the mileage on your original gauges.

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
I don't but I have a manual. You can adjust by the size of the tire and by travel. I'll check and let you know.

You can also adjust the odo to reflect the mileage on your original gauges.
I;ve been meaning to email trail tech to get the info on how to set the odo because that's the only way they'll give it to you apparently. I know adjusting the wheel size changes the distance measured, but I didn't think it would have any effect on the speedo. I need to go read the manual again :evil6:

·
Registered
466 Posts
Had to put another clutch cable on. The one I installed a few weeks ago stretched over an inch, an hour and a half away from home. That's what I get from trying to go cheap. 11 dollars instead of the 14 motion pro, which is much beefier.

13501 - 13520 of 15863 Posts