Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

13481 - 13500 of 15863 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Well, I picked up all new fluids for my poor neglected SV that's been sitting around. Tomorrow night she'll have fresh oil, coolant, and brake fluid. I also picked up some bar end mirrors to replace the missing one my roommate said 'just fell off' and some new foam grips I'm rather excited about! They're so squishy!!!
And I've got new tires and fresh fork oil and seals in the post I'm anxiously waiting for. Next week is AZ's bike week and I'll be damned if I don't ride in to see ZZ Top. I might even be lookin' for some tush :rock: :leghump:

·
Registered
176 Posts
Took my forks off for the first time to do a spring swap to Sonic Spring's .85 spring. Inspected the slide bushings which were luckily fine, but a new set of oem oil and dust seals are on the way. Not having to replace the slide teflon bushings saved me some cash but now I have to play the waiting game to get everything back together...oh well. It's not too warm out here just yet lol. Surprisingly, aside from the damper rod bolt, everything seemed really easy.

·
Premium Member
4,837 Posts
It's been raining for at least a week here. Today's high point was putting a new tab on my license plate and replacing the old registration with the new one, under the seat.

Whoopee.

·
Premium Member
2,389 Posts
It's been raining for at least a week here. Today's high point was putting a new tab on my license plate and replacing the old registration with the new one, under the seat.

Whoopee.
Progress is progress dude... no matter how small ;) :thumbsup:

·
Registered
67 Posts
Well I got as far as tracking down the culprit who was leaving oil residue on my throttle bodies and across the left side of the frame. Turns out it was a disconnected breather tube from the air box. While I was in there I also noticed a missing bolt on the clamp that seals around the front intake. A trip to ACE solved that and set me up with everything I need for my brake bleeding.
But tomorrow I want to do oil, coolant, and brake fluid changes. Can I just run the bike on the stand to bring it up to temp? And any suggestions for degreasing inside the frame? All the hoses and wiring make me wary of using my standard diesel or other caustic chemicals...

·
Premium Member
3,098 Posts
Yes you can run the bike on the stand to get it up to temp.

If its just a little oil residue on the frame..some non chlorinated brake clean should work good. Try and cover connectors and hoses with your hand. Brake clean can be a little harsh on rubber. Brake clean does not need to be dryed up. It evaporates quite quickly.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
422 Posts
Nothing new here but this is what I installed last night.

Now I'm just waiting for my fork seals and dust covers so I can install my Racetech springs and emulators.

Gonna try to set rear sag today.

·
Registered
362 Posts
I took the old girl out for a proper ride finally. Some where along the line, I gave the throttle a very quick twist while on first gear. I fouls out that the modifications I did over winter now allow power wheelies on that slow old SV....

·
Greetings Program
6,272 Posts
Looked longingly towards it parked in the carport as I limped back inside. Had a procedure done on my left foot to relieve some plantar fasciitis pain. Now in an air boot for a while... Sigh.

·
Premium Member
511 Posts
Took off my shorty levers i bought over the winter to shave off due to it hitting the brake piston WAY too soon.. I had to shave off alot.. after hearing horror stories of front brakes locking up after using ebay levers.. I can see why.. they are 'universal' for a handful of bikes and surely does not fit ours without proper modification.

Hope to pull her out of the basement later in the afternoon and see how she fits back out my 30inch door. and then I shall start er up and let it rip!

13481 - 13500 of 15863 Posts