Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

13101 - 13120 of 15863 Posts

·
MOTORADOR
10,780 Posts
You can't just get enough projects can you?
Haha, this one is for wife. She actually picked it over other cleaner bikes. I'll just make sure it runs and it's safe and leave it as is.

It's a 2006 Ninja 500 that looks like it's been taken from a zombie or a Mad Max movie. I love it!

Sent from my left shoe using the Motorcycle app

·
Registered
206 Posts
Haha, this one is for wife. She actually picked it over other cleaner bikes. I'll just make sure it runs and it's safe and leave it as is.

It's a 2006 Ninja 500 that looks like it's been taken from a zombie or a Mad Max movie. I love it!

Sent from my left shoe using the Motorcycle app
I'm in the same boat with the GS project. It's for the misses. The ex looks good naked. But then again. I think all bikes look good naked

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
50 Posts
Finished my fork swap just in time for a track day at NOLA last Friday. The forks performed slightly better than the stockers with RaceTech emulaters and spring, but the real difference was the brakes! I felt much smoother because the amount of effort to use brakes was substantial.

Drove to Birmingham on Sat to do a track day at Barber. This was my first opportunity to ride Barber and even though it was cold(32 degrees for the first session), that was awesome!

The difference in the dual compounds of the Michelin Supersports is pretty clear in this pic...

·
Registered
461 Posts
Fixed a fuel leak between throttle bodies. That was fun.

The hose itself was OK, but those clamps were done dealin'. Put some of those FI clamps on there and BAM! Ready to roll.

I think the hardest part was getting all the wiring and vacuum lines off. And taking the rubber boots from the airbox off of the TB's made it a LOT easier to re-install.

:eek:ccasion14: Miller time!

·
Registered
1,362 Posts

Found out why modern exhaust flange gaskets aren't reusable.

Then, between changing the oil in both cars, proceded to remove the
-swing arm
-rolled the chain around the front sprocket by hand and admired few tight links and grunge
-removed the CCTs to not find the type of gasket I was expecting
-and finished off by pulling all the cams to get the shim sizes then ordered the ones I needed.

Now for the waiting game... -_-

·
Greetings Program
6,272 Posts
Sugrue added to RAM mount to hopefully damp some vibrations for my phone mount. Might need to redo this a little cleaner in the future though. Still learning how to shape this stuff.

1385951979872.jpg

·
Registered
847 Posts
Adjusted the clutch, learned a lot, screwed up a little (nothing that couldn't easily be fixed, fortunately). You know that sinking feeling after you've done a job for the first time, buttoned EVERYTHING back up, then realized that something wasn't actually right? Yeah, I had that. Zero fun, but after some fiddling, and re-reading the guide, and figured out where I went wrong. Now it's ready to go into the office tomorrow.

13101 - 13120 of 15863 Posts